lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2020, 02:57 PM   #1
PT69
Not Yet Wild

Default starter hesitation

2006 club car gas i have a 3-4 second delay intermittently after depressing the gas pedal. Battery is only 8 months old and shows good voltage and wile running puts out 14.8V. Starter belt is new and tight and shows no sign of slippage while testing in maintenance mode neutral. When it happens i notice a slight whining noise coming from starter. my guess is starter is going bad or weak relay...appreciate the input thx
PT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2020, 03:12 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: starter hesitation

If its whining, the belt is slipping. What kind of belt is on it? Did it come from Club Car? Often non-club car belts are too wide and do not sit in the pulley correctly and will slip no matter how tight you make them because they sit up too high and are not making full contact with the V groove.

Checking voltage when it's running tells you the starter generator is probably fine and the voltage regulator is fine, but it really tells you nothing about the battery condition. To check battery condition you need to check voltage at the battery while the starter is cranking. You do not want it to go below 10V. Ideally it should be over 11v when cranking.
Also check voltage AT the white cable on the starter while cranking. Voltage at the starter gen on the white cable should not drop below 10v. If it does you have a battery problem, or poor connection somewhere between battery +, solenoid, and starter.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:35 AM   #3
PT69
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: starter hesitation

It turned out to be a loose belt!
PT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car