lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2019, 08:58 PM   #21
OneToFixIt
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggy conversion and rebuild...

We have a 2010 Bad Boy Buggy with a dead SEVCON controller. Been in touch with Scotty from Carts Unlimited already and have a grocery list for a new controller kit C54U, Switch SW202, and an Admiral B1 motor.

Wondering if I have thought of everything and if this is really a good idea before I spend that much money.

Also selling the incompatible with this plan AMD DA8-4013 Motor to help fund this conversion.

Appreciate this thread and learning from your experience.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24BDF0A8-D69E-4A5E-ABFF-01E945F128A4.jpg (261.0 KB, 0 views)
OneToFixIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2019, 07:25 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montejano21 View Post
Hi I’d like to do this to mine. Could you share parts list and how you did it? Thanks in advance!
He has posted that he used the Carts Unlimited Universal solid state conversion kit and the SW202 reversing contactor kit found on cartsunlimited.net
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:17 AM   #23
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

So im curious
Other then 4wd whats the difference with these bad boy buggies and a regular cart?

are they geared different? do they have stronger motors?
Gallachera89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:01 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallachera89 View Post
So im curious
Other then 4wd whats the difference with these bad boy buggies and a regular cart?

are they geared different? do they have stronger motors?
I think the answer is yes and yes. Unfortunately they went with sevcon controllers There is no replacement for these units now.

You can find some of the same features lower gearing and limited slip in both Ezgo Workhorse and Club Car Carryall models.

These BBB carts are often sold cheap when not working - but the potential buyer would be wise to do a lot research before purchasing IMHO
Old 06-11-2019, 01:47 PM   #25
DaveTM
Gone Wild

IMHO, and based upon where I hunt and drive my cart.....Southwestern Pennsylvania where hills are hills and mountains are just that......mountains.......front wheel disc brakes are not an option.....but a requirement if you like to stop as opposed to locking up the rear tires and sliding down the hills.......The BBB have no advantage over a modified EZ-GO txt.

My TXT has a limited slip differential which is fantastic on hills and in mud. The BBB have a "standard" differential which means only one front wheel and one rear wheel is "driving" at any given time. A true 4X4 the BBB is not.

So, as previously posted.....be very cautious when looking at a BBB.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:37 PM   #26
OneToFixIt
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Our BBBB (Broken Bad Boy Buggy) was free so I didn’t do any research to see if free was a good price. I expected to replace a bad part, get new batteries, and have a cool cart.

Now that I’ve learned more, I wouldn’t have accepted it for free again. This has turned out to be a big project that I really didn’t have time for. Like a moth to the flame, I cannot back down now. Must keep pouring time and money into this pit!
OneToFixIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:09 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToFixIt View Post
Our BBBB (Broken Bad Boy Buggy) was free so I didn’t do any research to see if free was a good price. I expected to replace a bad part, get new batteries, and have a cool cart.

Now that I’ve learned more, I wouldn’t have accepted it for free again. This has turned out to be a big project that I really didn’t have time for. Like a moth to the flame, I cannot back down now. Must keep pouring time and money into this pit!
I gotta agree though... but I'm still surprised to read this from another member. GL
Old 06-01-2020, 02:40 PM   #28
upstatewoodie
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

was wondering what y'all did on the front end when converting to 2wd? i have a classic that i would love to pull the motor and controller out of the front and replace it. but i have no idea where to even begin. Thanks for any help
upstatewoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:05 PM   #29
fpainter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a silverwolf 4WD conversion, I was seriously contemplating converting back to 2WD because I never use it for trail riding anymore.

If I lived on a beach it would be usefull, but I dont
fpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:09 PM   #30
fpainter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatewoodie View Post
was wondering what y'all did on the front end when converting to 2wd? i have a classic that i would love to pull the motor and controller out of the front and replace it. but i have no idea where to even begin. Thanks for any help
I bought an entire used front axle with hubs and spindles from mrgolfcarts.com.
$75
I am going to use the hubs and spindles to do reverse conversion.
fpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides