lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2011, 01:45 AM   #1
essexcountryboy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Talking does anybody have any ideals to my a g9 gas faster

i new to this site i hoping to talk to people about making my g9 bigger and badder then the ones that live around my i have a speed spring and a power kit in it and i just want more power and speed i'm just a big kid and i want a big bad toy
essexcountryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: does anybody have any ideals to my a g9 gas faster

Welcome to BGW and slow down, dude, You got 4 of the same question out there within an hour when normal people are sleeping.
There's tons of information here. Grab a cold drink and hit the search area for all the reading you can handle. It's more fun to learn it than have someone do the leg work for you.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I would tell you to look up my 'clone specs' thread in gas yamaha and see how to put a clone in. That will give you about double the power and the same ungoverned speed or better. You need to do a few mods to get more speed (more rpm), but the cost is low you can get the home depot one for 250 plus the 50 adapter all you have to do is make the mount and linkages, exhaust, etc. You will never get close to that power with the stock engine, never get much more power at that kind of cash. I'm going to port the head and deck it, advance the timing, etc mild mods to the one I do this spring and see if it picks up more rpm without losing the bottom end torque.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

sho is right. As a former G9 big block converted owner myself there is no replacement for displacement. Welcome to the addiction.
yamahag9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

My use for this cart I didn't really need a big engine, though sure it would be nice. Now its worn out and losing power when it gets run hard and hot (read on trail rides). Did family's cart it was starting to burn oil it has lot more hours than mine, now its a wonder to drive the clone power is great compared to mine. I can't wait to put the 16hp in and spin some tires. He blows me in the weeds like nothing. Considering how cheap the clones are, its a no brainer just put your money there and later you can put a v twin in it if you want to spend more. However you can get cams and all for the clones if you want more power, if you dropped 1K into one it would have way over 20hp easy. Really all I need is bottom end more than speed, I don't ride with anyone trying to go fast. The trails I run are not always that nice 4x4s tear them up, so you get going over 30mph you better be careful and I don't have a long travel lift. My stock engine can hit 30gps on a flat road it is moving along pretty good, I often have riders that are not interested in meeting the pavement or dirt, lol, its more about exploring.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts