lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2010, 09:39 PM   #21
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bearing ?

ok I haven't personally dealt with PQ, but from what I have been told, they are pretty stand up folks and I am fairly certian they can tell you when the motor was built and if the warranty extends to you. Even if it doesn't, i would suggest sending the motor to them to have it refurbed anyway as they have the tooling to make sure no damage has occured to the armature.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2010, 09:52 PM   #22
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
ok I haven't personally dealt with PQ, but from what I have been told, they are pretty stand up folks and I am fairly certian they can tell you when the motor was built and if the warranty extends to you. Even if it doesn't, i would suggest sending the motor to them to have it refurbed anyway as they have the tooling to make sure no damage has occured to the armature.
Yeah thats my best bet if you think its coming from the motor and not the rear end.
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:57 PM   #23
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm almost positive that it's coming from the motor and not the rear, but If it makes you feel better, wait for others to chime in after listening to it. I'm not perfect and I make mistakes all the time. If the cart were in my shop, I would do a motor swap to determine it for certain, then once I was certain, I would delve into the motor (or in this case, send it out to PQ for the refurb)
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:01 PM   #24
ChevyRacing75

Club Car

na I believe you. You know what your talking about. I just want to make sure before I take it out. I hate not being able to drive my cart
Old 09-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #25
ChevyRacing75

Club Car

Robby at PlumQuick said take it off and send it to him Going to send it out tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #26
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRacing75 View Post
Robby at PlumQuick said take it off and send it to him Going to send it out tomorrow.

Are you going to upgrade the motor, or just have come back basically the same. If you tell them what you are running, they can build it to your setup, I believe that is what they did for Gorno.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #27
ChevyRacing75

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHusker View Post
Are you going to upgrade the motor, or just have come back basically the same. If you tell them what you are running, they can build it to your setup, I believe that is what they did for Gorno.
That may just have to be a suprise
Old 09-01-2010, 12:53 PM   #28
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

Just to throw this out there, i have helped upgrade a couple of carts and in my experience what has happened here is you have found the next weak link in the drivetrain of your cart. Happens when old is mixed with new and it is pushed to its limits. After the motor refurb you may ,and not to say it will need it, have to get into the diff because of a failure there. The other thing i noticed on the carts i helped upgrade was the stock brakes becoming a factor especially if street legal and used quite a bit. I know you were just asking about the noise your cart was making ,but thought i would put that out there. Nice cart by the way and is that motor a 36v or a 48v?
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #29
ChevyRacing75

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilster734 View Post
Just to throw this out there, i have helped upgrade a couple of carts and in my experience what has happened here is you have found the next weak link in the drivetrain of your cart. Happens when old is mixed with new and it is pushed to its limits. After the motor refurb you may ,and not to say it will need it, have to get into the diff because of a failure there. The other thing i noticed on the carts i helped upgrade was the stock brakes becoming a factor especially if street legal and used quite a bit. I know you were just asking about the noise your cart was making ,but thought i would put that out there. Nice cart by the way and is that motor a 36v or a 48v?
I am going to change the fluid in the diff tonight and take a look inside and make sure everything looks good. The brakes I know. They suck
Its a 36v motor.
Thanks!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:45 PM   #30
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

the only electric rear i have had go bad was due to the son driving the cart thru a lake and didn't drain the water from the diff.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO