lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
Gobbledot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 96 Club Cart

Had a person try to sell me a 96 club car (I havent seen it yet) 48v with no charger and 01 Trojan batteries. What would a fair price be for it? I am hoping to see it this evening for myself so I will have more info after that. He said cart seemed to be in good shape. What is some of the main things to look at when I am inspecting it. Thanks.. Oh yea he said he would let it go for $650 as it sits..
Gobbledot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 96 Club Cart

In 1996 Club Car there were different models as this was a split year as well as changover year. There were early and late models, series motor ( has lever under right leg that is control for forward and reverse )and regen models ( rocker switch F&R on top of black box under right leg )? Regen carts are complicated and parts expensive and hard to find on that old a cart?
This $650. cart without a charger ( minimum cost new $300. used $150 up? ) 9 year old batterys, way beyond useful life and SHOT ( $400-$ 700 ) depending on QUALITY REPLACEMENTS TROJAN ETC as 8 volt batterys are not cheap?
Also unknown condition of controls, motor, differential, brakes, steering, tires etc make me think this is not a cart that I would spend anywhere near $650. for, as in my area late model Club Car carts go for $1500. and up in running condition and year to two year old batterys at most? If you are familiar with carts and want a rebuild project? I wouldn't pay much over couple hundred if that?? I must say different area's of country have much different pricing so you should compare this price and year with carts around you? Check with larger cities such as Chattanooga, Nashville may have larger supply of used carts at better prices compared to say Sale Creek Tn where my family came from?
I like your possible choice of Club Car as they are only company building aluminum framed carts that if maintained wont rust out like EZGO-Yamaha etc carts.
I hope you find a good buy and know you will enjoy carting like we we all do, and if in doubt contact forum for further info.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
galloway
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hey I live in knoxville.

I bought a 89 club car 36v with charger for 600. It had 05' batteries.

It had no other accessories but a top on it.

So without the charger and pretty much useless batteries. That thing is prob worth about 500 max in my opion.

What accessories does the cart have? A roof? rear seat? headlights?

If you pay 500 for it you are looking at needing about 720 dollars worth of batteries and a charger http://cgi.ebay.com/Club-Car-Golf-Ca...item4cf0c2e220 which has 2 days left on the auctin and is already at 200 dollars.

so you go from getting a 500 dollar cart to near 2000 real quick.

If you don't have 2 grand I say walk away.
galloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
galloway
Gone Wild

Club Car

what part of tn are you in?
galloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i think i would stay away from any 95 to 97 48volt unless it has the updated OBC and the silver controller.................now for a few hundred dollars i would turn my head but a 96 unknown cond. no charger and needing batts your intoapprox 2000 dollars before you can ride it............if you can keep looking........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:31 AM   #6
Gobbledot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Galloway I am in East TN, Johnson City.. Thanks everyone for the info. I have one already but I have a friend lookin at this one and I want to check this out for him..
Old 08-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if your gonna look at it make sure to take at least a voltage meter and do a few test while your there but go over that thing with a fine thooth comb like i said i figure hes gonna be in the area of 2 grand when all is said and done....make sure you mention that and you have backup here if needed....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
Gorhad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I brought a 2000 DS

Pressured by my sons,

"oh come on dad we will help"

Hadnt really got a clue about GOLF CARTS in general, didnt do any tests or even look underneath. Just went ahead and paid 700 and found myself paying out to date probably around about 2k. However its the bug that gets you.

So in hindsight i would go with the guys above and look all over and test etc.

I would say around 300-500 max but aim on the lower side as depending on the condition its gonna cost $$$$$

Keep us updated

PS look underneath the rear and make sure everything is sound with regards to the trans axle assembly

Good Luck
Gorhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #9
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

GOBBLEDOT-- What did you find when you looked at cart? Just wondering?
By the way if you look in old cemetery near Johnson City you will find members of the pioneer "DUGGER" family that I desend from on my Grand Mothers side.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #10
Gobbledot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I still havent had a chance to go look at the cart, he and I cant get our times together.. lol I hope to get to this weekend, he has it on a trailer ready to go now, by that I mean to sell not fixed..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car