lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
little-climber
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Help; Precedent Brake Light Switch

I am installing an aftermarket brake light switch for my 04 precedent and I am unsure how to wire it, as it came with no directions. Can I use the factory wires under the brake pedal assembly? if so which wire should be connected where? There is a com, cn, on labeled on the switch.

any help would be appreciated.
little-climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Default Re: Help; Precedent Brake Light Switch

There is a red wire under there that is powered all the time, used for barke lamps with lighting system. But it is powered all the time, so lights will stay on with park brake applied. The light kits designed for the precedent come with a little timer module also that turn the brake lights off, which run thru the module, after 30 secs. or so. That is what all those extra wire are for under that access panel.
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
kriley620
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am beginning an install tomorrow on my '06 precedent of a deluxe light kit. It includes horn, turn signals and brake light. The instructions show good details, but the only problem I see right now is how to get the rubber mat up. Does it come up when the screes are removed from the side rails? I didnt really have too much time to look at it tonight, but wanted to make sure.

Any help appreciated!
Thanks!
kriley620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

just loosen the screws as needed. Sometimes the mat pulls right out without loosening the screws as they essentially just pinch the plastic down on the mat, but getting a nice re-install is much easier with all the screws loosened just a couple turns
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
kriley620
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Completed my deluxe kit install this afternoon. Everything went smoothly and most importantly had lights when done! I am excited to have completed this myself! Thanks for the help.
kriley620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car