lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2019, 02:57 PM   #21
gree7363
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Conversions Cuts out at full throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
That is 90A per cell so that means that a 2S2P module is rated at 180A. That is a continuous rating I believe. If you use a 14 module setup that doubles the amp rating again to 360A. My cart has the current limit set at 400A which is just fine for a peak current.
Yep, with a 14 module setup at 14s4p you'd be fine.
gree7363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2019, 05:08 PM   #22
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I've been running mine for 3 years on a Yamaha Drive cart with great results. Total battery weight is 110 pounds. I easily get three rounds of golf on a charge which includes driving to and from the club. I could have gotten by with a 7 module setup but I would always recommend a 14 module setup to anyone that asks.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:18 PM   #23
sporty2k
Not Yet Wild

If I remove the wire from the bms pack side that runs to the relay will the cart not operate or will it just bypass the BMS LV monitoring?
sporty2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 11:09 AM   #24
tclendenin
Not Yet Wild

Okay, I'm a newbie with a 2016 Club Car Precedent 48V- completely stock with a very similar problem. I just did a Lithium-Ion conversion with a unit purchased from BigBattery.com. My assumption was that this would be a simple drop-in replacement to the 6 x 8V lead-acid batteries that I replaced. I simply connected the cables from the Anderson connector from the new battery to the main cables previously connected to the lead-acid batteries that I removed from the cart. (see photo)
After installing the Lithium-ion battery into my cart, it works fine except for now it completely dies, meaning something is shutting off power supplied from the battery to the cart completely. This typically occurs under load (on a long hill or after initially accelerating from a stop). The only solution is to flip the breaker on the battery off/on and then the cart comes back to life. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what might be causing this issue?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200509_222819.jpg (214.6 KB, 0 views)
tclendenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 11:29 AM   #25
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

The BMS with that battery is not able to put out enough amps to supply the power you need. It will cause the battery to shut down due to excess current draw. The BMS needs to be replaced by a larger unit. You can read about this problem by doing a search on techdirect BMS which uses the same BMS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 01:26 PM   #26
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Yup. What Bobbob stated. When you "flip the switch" you're resetting the BMS.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:15 AM   #27
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You don't have to replace the BMS but You do need to re-wire the BMS so the discharge current does not have to go through the BMS for it to provide LV/HV protection.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:39 AM   #28
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Maybe you are letting your batteries get too low. Does it do the same thing when your batteries are at full charge?
WalterM6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 02:52 PM   #29
outdoorjunke
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You don't have to replace the BMS but You do need to re-wire the BMS so the discharge current does not have to go through the BMS for it to provide LV/HV protection.
Do you have a wiring diagram I can follow for this fix? Or could you sketch one out for us? Thank for all the help.
outdoorjunke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car