lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2018, 08:10 PM   #1
bronco1973
Not Yet Wild

Default Energized brake cables???

My 2001 club car ds somehow is sending power to my brake cables and energizing them to the point that they catch fire , the rubber boot melts off of them. I also have no slow speed , when the gas pedal is pressed it just lunges throws sparks from the brake cables and takes off. I have changed the MCOR and that fixed nothing. I changed the solenoid and resister and it fixed the problem for one day , put it on the charger overnight jumped on it thinking I had fixed it and made it about 100feet and my brand new driver side brake cable was smoking and hot as a fire cracker! Any advise would be appreciated, I’m to the point of just rolling it off a cliff!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bronco1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2018, 08:26 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Energized brake cables???

Sounds like you have one of your battery or motor cables contacting the frame somewhere. Check to make sure there are No cables or wires connected to the frame or body anywhere. Electric carts must not have any frame grounds. All negative wires and cables must go to battery pack negative, or negative block.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:25 PM   #3
bronco1973
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Sounds like you have one of your battery or motor cables contacting the frame somewhere. Check to make sure there are No cables or wires connected to the frame or body anywhere. Electric carts must not have any frame grounds. All negative wires and cables must go to battery pack negative, or negative block.

Ok , so I have went all over the cart and there is no wires touching the frame anywhere. I’m trying to trouble shoot everything and now the cart will not do anything . I have power coming into the solenoid but it’s no longer clicking and nothing going to the other post?
bronco1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:07 AM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did you measure anything to the frame. Measure between the frame and the main (+) battery terminal.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:11 AM   #5
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Also measure from the frame and the ( - ) battery terminal.
VanillaXtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car