lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
overthebarss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thumbs down 24 hp honda or ?

I have a 94 workhorse with jakes l.t. and stock motor, I was wondering, I can buy a 24hp honda for 800.00, and then pice everything else together, clutch ,engine craddle, blah, blah. the motor has about 100 hrs. on it. for the $ it totals around 1500.00 for everthing....... whats your all's opinion between the honda, and the 18 vanny kit from cpp?... thanks Jay
overthebarss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2009, 06:52 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: 24 hp honda or ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthebarss View Post
I have a 94 workhorse with jakes l.t. and stock motor, I was wondering, I can buy a 24hp honda for 800.00, and then pice everything else together, clutch ,engine craddle, blah, blah. the motor has about 100 hrs. on it. for the $ it totals around 1500.00 for everthing....... whats your all's opinion between the honda, and the 18 vanny kit from cpp?... thanks Jay
Very good question. It has been asked before, but it never hurts to ask questions. I've done Honda 24's swaps (in Yamahs's) and I'll tell you they are "fantastic"! The problem is mounting/exhaust/intake/clutch's/belts if these components aren't available for your project. If you can "fab" make your own engine mount/exhaust ect. and find the right drive belt that will work for you. As far as I've seen..not much in aftermarket cams/rev kits available for the Honda, but I could be wrong there also. Do a search for Honda Big Block and I'm shure you will find more info. I believe "Mikemotortoy's" is a guru on Honda's in Ezgo's...Alpha Carts is another. When I changed to using Briggs/Vangaurds.....Tom @ Cartpartsplus(a sponsor) not only had "true" bolt in kits, but was willing...at any time to talk about "dialing it in". Just my toughts. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
C-BO
Gone Wild

Club Car

hey there.. just to touch on what 450 just said, frank at alphacarts is great.
i have called him for questions, and he has sent me e mails just seeing how the cart is running and how my build is doing.
my 2 cents.
C-BO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Briggs rules!! IMO CPP kits are complete and easy to install, no guess work.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!