lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2016, 07:17 PM   #11
thompson521dc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ausco Disc Brake Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Hate to ask but was it a genuine Club Car part from a vendor here or?
Everything Carts. Not sure if it was an OE part or aftermarket. PN 7880 on their site. Clearly they just sell it so I'm not really upset with them. It is however terrifying to think it could have broke when I was going down a hill with my kid.
thompson521dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2016, 07:38 PM   #12
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson521dc View Post
.... It is however terrifying to think it could have broke when I was going down a hill with my kid.
Absolutely understood...... Where we live there is more hill than flat and I'd have to steer the cart off the road and into the woods if such happened to me...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:30 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That is why you should really TEST the brakes at home before venturing out Glad it failed at home.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:40 PM   #14
thompson521dc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Brakes complete. My friends attempt at welding the end on to the cable failed. I called the local club car dealer and they had one in stock for around $28 out the door. Should have done this first. I avoided going there because I had a bad experience when I bought my cart. However in hind sight I paid $36 plus shipping for the cheap one that broke and then paid $28 for the oe part that is in my cart now.

The ausco brakes stop and hold the cart well. Adjusting was a pain. There is a fine line between them dragging and them being too loose. I may play with it some more. I found the steepest hill I could find and set the park brake and was unable to move the cart by hand.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:21 AM   #15
thompson521dc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Well I looked at the discs the other day. The left side was clearly dragging because it is discolored compared to the right side (looks like it got hot). When I back it off I don't have much of a pedal. If I hadn't put so much effort into putting these on (bigger wheels, different lift, and of coarse the cost of the brakes) I'd probably just put the drums back on. Anybody else have this much trouble getting these things adjusted just right?
Old 07-02-2016, 04:25 PM   #16
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes they take a while to get right. It was a pain but once done glad I did it. My wheels were one of the 10" it would not fit so I bought spacers.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 04:33 PM   #17
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson521dc View Post
Well I looked at the discs the other day. The left side was clearly dragging because it is discolored compared to the right side (looks like it got hot). When I back it off I don't have much of a pedal. If I hadn't put so much effort into putting these on (bigger wheels, different lift, and of coarse the cost of the brakes) I'd probably just put the drums back on. Anybody else have this much trouble getting these things adjusted just right?
The problem with the disc brakes on the cart, is the force mechanism needed to get the proper force to each side of the cart. In cars and trucks that use hydrolics, there are proportional ping valves that equal the force to each rotor and caliper.
On the carts, you don't have that luxury. The bracket where the 2 lines connect to the single "pull" line is where the problem lies. You've probably noticed that that bracket leans or tilts to one side. When the pedal is depressed it naturally will give more of the pull force to one of the cables.

The only way to combat this is to adjust at the brake on the side which is receiving more of the force.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car