lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
jpryorx2
Not Yet Wild

Default 02 ds main dropout fault code

hey guys does anyone know what could cause a main dropout fault other then the solinoid? all my books only list the solinoid causeing this fault but i have now tried 3 different new ones and still have the fault. after calling my salesman the service dept had me swap the mcor, motor controller and speed senor from another cart and none solved the problem i also checked the motor for shorts which it has none and double checked all the wiring and can't find anything wrong. the only thing i have't changed yet is the obc but i think i may do that when i get to work in the morning. anyone have any ideas? or somthing i'm overlooking

thanks
jpryorx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Default Re: 02 ds main dropout fault code

They have a solenoid drop out "kit" that adds a wire, thats what you need.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
jpryorx2
Not Yet Wild

do you happen to have a part number or know what wire gets added? i have 80 carts 60 of them are 02 ds and this is the first time a new solenoid didn't fix a main dropout

thanks
Old 09-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

I agree, I never had to add the kit, but they do make one. Part #...sorry I dont know it, but Im sure someone on here will know it or get it for you.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

im haveing the same exact problem with a 2005 precedent i have chaged the mcor and still the same thing now this is funny if i jump the selinoid it will work but befor i jump the selinoid it has 48.8 volts on both side so way it works when i jump it the voltage is the same so what does jumping do tommarow im chaging the resistor on the selinod and the controller to see what i get
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
jpryorx2
Not Yet Wild

well i got ahold of the right tech at clubcar today. there was a service bulletin back in 03 about it. the solenoid dropout kit is just a wireing harness with a couple of diodes in it that goes inline between the main harness and the tow run switch. it cost 16 bucks and the part number is 102355201 just incase anyone else comes accrossed this problem
Old 09-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #7
BLakeside
Gone Wild

Testing a solenoid for full voltage on both large terminals can be misleading. When a solenoid goes bad the large contacts can pass full voltage but not enough amperage to turn the motor. Jumping from one large terminal to the other bypasses the entire solenoid (large contacts and the small ones),the activation circuit of the solenoid may still be the cause of the cart not moving.

Barry
BLakeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:22 PM   #8
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

but in a precesdent its activated by the controller so you think the controller is going bad i did notice when charging it gets warm is that normal
Old 09-30-2010, 10:31 PM   #9
BLakeside
Gone Wild

Custom Cart the solenoid will get warm during normal operation. I don't think it should during charging.

jp FIXEROFCARTS knows a lot more about the particulars of the 2002 DS control system. CC came out with an SB in 03 for a reason, and they didn't do that with out a lot of reasearch and expense. Try their fix and see what happens, and let the forum know.

Barry

Last edited by BLakeside; 09-30-2010 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: clarity
BLakeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #10
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

will today a friend of mine came over to the shop he has the computer for iq cars he pluged it in and bang it the selinode i have put two of them that where bad brand new but bad we put in the third one he them cleared the fault and fixed done im buying the programer next week the best $700 i will spend in the shop its a must have tool if you are working on club car iq
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car