lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2009, 06:46 AM   #1
bullitt5339
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 Melex Project

Just getting ready to start on my 1st golf cart project, a 1999 Melex 625E. Bought it for super cheap, because it's a basket case, and I like rebuilding things, so this should be perfect for me.

The good: The cart is complete and the body is in decent shape, but could still use some work.

The bad: Batteries were bad. Floorboard is rusted out (easy fix, it seems). Even with new batteries in it, it will not move. Previous owner said that it was diagnosed as the Curtis Controller being bad. I ran into so much corrosion on the electrical connectors though, and I don't want to run out and buy parts I don't need, so once it's all cleaned up and painted, and the new batteries are here, I'll troubleshoot it for myself and make sure that's the problem. It also needs a few bushings in the front end, easy fix.

I thought for the price, it was going to be a complete wreck, but if you know the plan, it really isn't going to be that bad at all. At least it's all there, and cost me next to nothing. I couldn't run out and spend $3k on a new golf cart, but I can nickel and dime this one into submission within a couple months on my budget.......
bullitt5339 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex