lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #11
lococummins
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Sudden Accleration From Stand Still

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFishe View Post
E-Z GO is in for a lot of trouble after a legal case was filed against them in the U.S. the from the clients of lawyer Richard Burke.

Burke said that E-Z GO RXV has some issues with its accelerator pedal, “It allows debris and gravel, stones, sands, the type of things that are present on golf courses, to fall around and immediately beneath the accelerator pedal.”

The suit filed by Burke alleges that the debris interferes with the braking mechanism or may cause the RXV to accelerate unexpectedly.

So far, there have been two documented cases of fatalities in which the RXV was involved. The most recent accident involved a CEO from Edmonton, Glenn Thordarson. And the other involved a man from Illinois in which the RXV ran him over.

Textron, which owns E-Z GO, denies any liability.

Investigators are now looking at all angles concerning the deaths, from the mechanical condition of the golf carts to the physical condition of the those involved in the accidents.

Published: July 16, 2012

Author: Diane Araga

Source:CBC/
So are you hear trying to build a case?? This is two cases for how many produced???
lococummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #12
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lococummins View Post
This is two cases for how many produced???
Doesn't matter if the dead guy is your dad or brother. If the design is faulty, it needs to be corrected right away. Just like an auto recall, or a crib recall. When folks start dieing instead of surviving, things need to escalate right away, or the corporation may not survive the litigations.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:33 AM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Wow! A dead CEO. It's not unreasonable to determine his lifetime earning potential and award that to his family. Punitive damages can get out of control though.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #14
BrianFishe
Not Yet Wild

Lococmmins, next time your family riding on your rxv, keep in mind my father who suffered broke back, leg, and hip and never will be the same. There appears to be a pattern going on with the rxv, Ez GO is aware of it, at this time they are staying quiet about it.
BrianFishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #15
lococummins
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFishe View Post
Lococmmins, next time your family riding on your rxv, keep in mind my father who suffered broke back, leg, and hip and never will be the same. There appears to be a pattern going on with the rxv, Ez GO is aware of it, at this time they are staying quiet about it.
Since this is the first mention of any injury for your father, I am sorry to hear.

If this was a known issue that was looked over by EZ-GO and they kept producing them, they will be in a world of hurt via lawsuits.

I am not saying it is right or wrong but, 2 incidents(three with your dad) seems to be very isolated as compared to the total number of these carts produced and out in the market. I am sure they are now looking in to it by runing numbers to see what the common link between them is because, as most of us know, these carts are not all built with the same parts but via Serial # they should have some sort of build sheet.
lococummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #16
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lococummins View Post
.If this was a known issue that was looked over by EZ-GO and they kept producing them, they will be in a world of hurt via lawsuits.
E Z Go has been aware of the auto-brake solenoid failure problem since the RXV came out in 2008, and has not corrected it.

Evidence that they knew is that for the 2012 model they designed a way to be able to unlock the brake once a solenoid failed.
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #17
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

If EZGO is not saying anything about the RXV issues, than I wonder why my friends had thousands of pedals in their trucks while they were going to golf courses to replace them.

After reading this again, I sent one of them a txt message. Only thing he would say is when they were replaced they were told to drill several large holes in the pedal boxes so debris would not get caught in it.

I wont name names and this is all they told me.

When i worked as my local dealer we only got 4 of them. I sold all 4 way under invoice to get rid of them due to they sat around and no one wanted them. We never bought anymore of them.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rxv auto-brake problems
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO