lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #21
ArmyVetSgtAdkins
Philippians 4:13

Club Car

Default Re: Curtis or Alltrax 500?

Decisions, decisions.. I want to be able to do a burn out if I wanted to..This waiting around is killing me as I'm not a patient person. LOL so hopefully tomorrow I can speak with Robby and then get ahold of ScottyB and get my controller, solenoid and cables ordered but guess shouldn't be in huge hurry cause its gonna be at least two weeks till PQ gets my motor built..
ArmyVetSgtAdkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #22
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, Decisions, Decisions...

lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #23
ArmyVetSgtAdkins

Club Car

Lgbarne how has your cart been any problems with the controller and what kind of speed and torque are you getting
Old 11-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #24
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

22-23 mph on flat ground. Climbed every hill I tried short of risking flipping the cart! Including one about 30 degrees for 200+ yards and some shorter ones that were steeper. When I set throttle up to about 8-10 the cart will pull the wheels off the ground, barely. With one adult and one child on the back (holding on), it pulled the front wheels off the ground about 2 feet as best I can guess considering the shock at the time. So I'd say the torque is pretty freakin good.

During hunting season when that long hill was a wet muddy track with 4-6 inch wash outs along the path and with two heavy guys on it plus a deer in the back, it just chugged right up that hill. Surely wasn't going 22mph up that hill - probably more like about 8-10, but it gave absolutely no indication of even considering a stall. On other ocassions when we would hit a rut that would seize the front tire, the backs would just spin like mad, even with swamp fox tires.

Though, I'd have to give most credit for the massive torque to the D&D motor.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #25
Laser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I put the Alltrax DCX500 in a 2007 CC, PQ Bandit motor, HD solenoid, 4AWG wires. And I had the same jerky start problems other have complained about. Alltrax sent me a custom program for the IQ series CC that was supposed to solve the problem. After much adjusting of the settings and re-educating my throttle foot, I can now get smooth take-offs.

There was one other problem. PQ said to set regen braking at 0. Alltrax said set it at 65%. PQ said no way, I'd run the risk of burning up my motor. Alltrax said that was wrong. The symptom? Drive up a ramp, like to load the cart, and if it stopped forward motion the throttle became inactive and the cart would roll back. You'd have to come to a complete stop, hold the brake with the left foot and push the throttle with the right. Quite a nuisance. Finally Alltrax said just set the regen braking at 5% -- anything other than zero. That fixed the problem. No issues since.

So after slogging through some issues, I'd still give my vote to Allltrax.
Laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #26
ArmyVetSgtAdkins

Club Car

Thanks for the input Laser and I think I'm really leaning towards that Alltrax myself but still trying to weigh my options
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car