lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
Talbertc
Not Yet Wild

Default Fairplay cart killing batteries?

I hope this isn't too long. I purchased a Fairply cart at the end of 2009. It worked great for about 18 months. Last summer a friend was using my beach house and said the batteries would not charge. The local guy came over and said the charge had dropped below 80% and the charger would not kick in so he put a boost on the batteries to get the charger to kick in.

The cart worked but would not go very fast. I continued having problems and the local guys said it was my charger. I took the charger to someone and it checked out fine. I checked the batteries and found a bad battery. I had it replaced and then another would go bad.

Some of the batteries were testing a negative charge. Several people tested them so I know it was checked properly.

Here I am a year later, I have purchased 8 additional batteries, 1 had the post melt completely off. It seems that even while the batteries are being tested it is ok and then a few minutes later it's bad. These are brand new Trojan batteries.

Originally I had Trojan t875's in the cart. The local guy put in a t860 replacement and I put in 3 t875's. About 2 months ago the local guy had to replace 4 more this time with another brand I can't recall at the moment. As he was putting in the last 4 he said the cables were not connected properly. I don't know how that could be but I said make sure everything is ok before you install more. He did and said it checked out. He connected the 4 new batteries and hooked it up to the charger.

I got a call last week that the batteries continue to get destroyed and it hasn't even been driven.

I've tried to get fairplay and local dealers to help and nobody seems to know what's going on. The problem started when it was still under warranty but now it isn't. Any ideas?
Talbertc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2017, 08:43 PM   #2
fabricator
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Fairplay cart killing batteries?

Did you ever figure this out. I seem to be having similar conversations with a friend who has issues
fabricator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, fairplay
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay