lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Announcements
Announcements Important information concerning the forum and members.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #61
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Buyer Beware / Sounds too good to be True

The seller said he was making a lot of money selling the cart, so I figured I would buy it and make a lot of money too .. He said it looks real shiny and he could see his reflection in the paint.... must have been standing right next to it when I called? Anyway I expect my rebate and delivery in 15days, I think that's what he said the accent was a little hard to understand.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #62
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

so scotty what color are you going to paint it to disguse it? any custumizing in mind?
buggies fans want to know! ha ha ha ha!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #63
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Something to consider after recent events......

Last week we had a representative of a golf car wholesaler come by the shop offering us a deal on some carts. He had a truckload of 10 carts that he tried to sell us. They were beautiful carts, sunbrella, lights, a couple were even lifted. basically they had all the normal options we would add to a cart, and the price was far below what we would normally have to pay for such carts. Luckily for us, no cart gets purchased without someone inspecting them. when I approached the truck, I noticed the tags on it were from Tenn. and thought it strange that they would travel so far to sell such nice carts.

After only a brief look at the carts I refused the entire load....

... Remember not too long ago there was massive flooding in that area of the country? Well it turns out that some bright shark decided to purchase as many carts as he could in the area after the insurance companies had scrapped them for having been under water and is now traveling around the eastern seaboard selling them to dealers...... I talked to another dealer that is close to us about them and he had already purchased a truckload of them and was in the process of doing major electrical repairs on 3 of them that he had sold with warranties only to have them break down withing a week of the sale. Needless to say he pulled the rest off his line until he could check them over for water damage.

so just a caution.... check over anything you buy and if it looks like it may have been underwater, run away from it...........
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:12 AM   #64
sak00
What was I thinking?

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Something to consider after recent events......

Last week we had a representative of a golf car wholesaler come by the shop offering us a deal on some carts. He had a truckload of 10 carts that he tried to sell us. They were beautiful carts, sunbrella, lights, a couple were even lifted. basically they had all the normal options we would add to a cart, and the price was far below what we would normally have to pay for such carts. Luckily for us, no cart gets purchased without someone inspecting them. when I approached the truck, I noticed the tags on it were from Tenn. and thought it strange that they would travel so far to sell such nice carts.

After only a brief look at the carts I refused the entire load....

... Remember not too long ago there was massive flooding in that area of the country? Well it turns out that some bright shark decided to purchase as many carts as he could in the area after the insurance companies had scrapped them for having been under water and is now traveling around the eastern seaboard selling them to dealers...... I talked to another dealer that is close to us about them and he had already purchased a truckload of them and was in the process of doing major electrical repairs on 3 of them that he had sold with warranties only to have them break down withing a week of the sale. Needless to say he pulled the rest off his line until he could check them over for water damage.

so just a caution.... check over anything you buy and if it looks like it may have been underwater, run away from it...........

Good point! Nice call.
sak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Announcements