lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2009, 05:40 AM   #1
davesfarm
Not Yet Wild

Default ST4x4 with Honda Gx620 newbie help

I'm glad you're here to help because I need some help. I bought this used for my farm last year and it has been a workhorse and then some. But lately the engine has lost power.

It has a v-twin honda GX620 and I have the owners manual but I don't know how to get to it without breaking off the red plastic shroud. Guess I'll need the repair manual or the Honda manual. Can anyone talk me into getting down to the coil and spark wires. I know I have a problem in the left cylinder since I am not getting a spark there. I unscrewed all the 10mm bolts on the red engine cover, what's next?

Thanks,
-Dave
davesfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: ST4x4 with Honda Gx620 newbie help

Welcome to BGW! I'd help if I still had mine where I could be precise. Plenty of others here with this type engine that can get you up and going.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

If you don't get the help your looking for, give Tom (BigBlockMan) and quick pm and ask him if he'll check out your thread. He's very knowledgeable of these model engines.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
davesfarm
Not Yet Wild

OK, I got the shroud and pulled the left ignition coil, it does not seem to be damaged but I cannot get a spark from it, I tried re-mounting it and adjusting the gap smaller, larger. Seems I should replace the Left coil. Anything else I should look for? What should I gap the new coil to the flywheel? Thanks in advance.
davesfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!