lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #1
cocoabill
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax SR 48500 setup questions

Just installed an Alltrax SR48500 controller in my 2001 DS. This cart has a high speed motor and did about 20mph with the Curtis controller. After the Alltrax installation it does 20mph, it was a letdown. After driving it a bit I will say it's smoother and a bit better on hills, but the Curtis has a bit more rapid acceleration.

I had some questions on installation, the Alltrax wiring diagram they did not show the battery negative going through the OBC, I thought that this was critical for the charger so I left it connected. I also have 2ga wire kit running to the battery negative in parallel. Anyony know if this was the cotterct thing to do?

Since I had no increase in speed is there any other setting on the Alltrax I should be looking at? I played around with it and everything I did made it slower than the default settings. The real time monitoring showed it was getting 100% from my MCOR4 conversion.

Thanks for any guidence. I have a Alltrax 500amp ready to go in my Precedent, but since it aready does 21mph with stock motor and 20inch tires not so excited to go through the change.
cocoabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2017, 11:04 PM   #2
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax SR 48500 setup questions

Wiring parallel to your OBC will prevent it from working correctly resulting in poorly charged batteries. Contact scottyb for a special stud kit that will allow you to use your 2AWG wires.

Regarding the Alltrax, what are your settings? Are you running the right motor map? I can tell you on my sepex cart, I'm getting 25+ MPG with stock motor and XCT400 with insane acceleration. It is all in the programming.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:13 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabill View Post
Just installed an Alltrax SR48500 controller in my 2001 DS. This cart has a high speed motor and did about 20mph with the Curtis controller. After the Alltrax installation it does 20mph, it was a letdown. After driving it a bit I will say it's smoother and a bit better on hills, but the Curtis has a bit more rapid acceleration.

I had some questions on installation, the Alltrax wiring diagram they did not show the battery negative going through the OBC, I thought that this was critical for the charger so I left it connected. I also have 2ga wire kit running to the battery negative in parallel. Anyony know if this was the cotterct thing to do?

Since I had no increase in speed is there any other setting on the Alltrax I should be looking at? I played around with it and everything I did made it slower than the default settings. The real time monitoring showed it was getting 100% from my MCOR4 conversion.

Thanks for any guidence. I have a Alltrax 500amp ready to go in my Precedent, but since it aready does 21mph with stock motor and 20inch tires not so excited to go through the change.
This is a series cart and the Precedent is a sepex cart. These are 2 different animals. The Series cart can be made to accelerate as fast as you like by increasing the throttle rate. 12.5 is default - try 14.0 - If speed has not increased I suspect your motor is at the maximum rpm it can produce given the 500a Alltrax is allowing full access to the battery pack.

On the Sepex cart the OEM controller limits motor rpm. The Alltrax XCT also monitors rpm but allows you to set it higher than stock (6000 rpm recommended max) which allows for a speed increase.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:11 AM   #4
cocoabill
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply's I wasn't aware I needed different motor field maps, I am just using it out of the box. I will give Alltrax a call and see if they can identify the high speed motor I have, and what I should be running.

Also wasn't aware that the parallel negative battery runs was not the way to go, the 2 Gauge cable kit I bought showed it to be run that way. Searching around I see different opinions on this, the stud kit looks like it would take away the question.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:22 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Series carts don't use MAPS
Sepex carts do
Old 09-18-2017, 11:28 AM   #6
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Series carts don't use MAPS
Ahhh!!! Thanks for learning me something new
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You are welcome
Old 09-18-2017, 11:57 AM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Bill,

Your XCT is already programmed with the correct field MAP. You shouldn't have to do anything to it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:48 PM   #9
cocoabill
Not Yet Wild

So it sounds like the motor is what it is, thinking bigger tires.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car