lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2015, 02:36 PM   #1
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Finally got to use my cart!

Well we had our first snow here in Detroit, and I got to use my cart finally! It plowed the snow like a BEAST! We got 5" of "heart attack" snow, wet and heavy! At times the snow would stick to the blade, and piled up to the top of the blade, then would start pushing out 4 or 5 feet in front of the blade, and the cart just kept on going! Then the snow would slide off, and work fine for a while, then maybe stick again, ..... Very happy with how it worked. I do have a few things this experience taught me. First I need to hard wire a switch in for the winch to raise and lower the blade. I have a wireless remote control and it is a PITA to use, so hard wired switch is needed.
Second, I need to fully enclose the cart. No roof or doors right now. When I was done plowing several miles of sidewalk (yep, I am a bit nuts!) I was covered in snow, my *** was wet, snow was all over the floor and in the glove box!
So next year I will fabricate an aluminum roof, and some aluminum doors (suicide doors of course!). Also to make it easier to get in and out with a hard top and hard doors, I was going to put in a tilt steering column, but then at a museum I saw a 1930's something that had a tilt steering wheel. You just pulled on a latch, and the steering wheel would pivot against the steering column. VERY cool and only requires that a steering wheel be fabricated rather than adapt a steering column.
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2015, 09:24 PM   #2
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Finally got to use my cart!

Glad to here the plow was a great success.. I can't wait to try mine, someone told me to use silicone spray on the blade to keep it from sticking, don't know if it will work or not but worth a try I guess. I also have the remote, thanks for the info on it being a PITA maybe I'll be ready for it and it won't bother me to much.
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:05 PM   #3
beerman52
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

a good 2 or 3 coats of turtle wax on the blade always helped my plowing,(when I was younger).
beerman52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:44 PM   #4
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmonkey17 View Post
Glad to here the plow was a great success.. I can't wait to try mine, someone told me to use silicone spray on the blade to keep it from sticking, don't know if it will work or not but worth a try I guess. I also have the remote, thanks for the info on it being a PITA maybe I'll be ready for it and it won't bother me to much.
I heard spray pam works well. This was real sticky wet heavy snow. I have fresh paint on the blade, and when used last (on a riding mower, that is another story! LOL! and expensive story!) it had no issues, I think it was just from being so darn wet snow. And the good thing is it was not an issue, still plowed along!
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plowing, snow, snow plow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides