lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2019, 12:06 AM   #1
Dodge1812
Gone Wild
Club Car

Smile Help first golf cart 1997 club car ds

Hey all glad to find a post here I can refer to when in need help. I have a golf cart I am purchasing tomorrow I have driven it twice the cart is 48v and the batteries are giving 8.25 volts or so 20016 batteries. I have two questions

1. When I drive the cart it seems slower than all the others that my friends have actually much slower could it be a speed sensor gone bad? This is slow on flat ground the guys I we're riding around with in the neighborhood we're way in front of me ...

2. I have a clicking noise under my driver side rear seat . I think it's possibly the guide ring on morot making the sound. Any thoughts

Thanks you guys are great on here
Dodge1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2019, 12:17 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Help first golf cart 1997 club car ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge1812 View Post
Hey all glad to find a post here I can refer to when in need help. I have a golf cart I am purchasing tomorrow I have driven it twice the cart is 48v and the batteries are giving 8.25 volts This is a little low, but not sure if they were fully charged. Should be about 8.5 volts or so 20016 batteries. I have two questions

1. When I drive the cart it seems slower than all the others that my friends have actually much slower could it be a speed sensor gone bad? Is this a Series cart or a Regen model? This is slow on flat ground the guys I we're riding around with in the neighborhood we're way in front of me ...What type and model carts do they have? What size tires? Are theirs modified (motor, controller, etc)

2. I have a clicking noise under my driver side rear seat . I think it's possibly the guide ring on morot making the sound. Any thoughts If it clicks when you are depressing ang releasing the pedal, that is the main contactor/solenoid. It will click and the MCOR under the floorboard will click.

See above....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:31 AM   #3
Dennisneri
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

welcome
Dennisneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:20 AM   #4
Dodge1812
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Help first golf cart 1997 club car ds help!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge1812 View Post
Hey all glad to find a post here I can refer to when in need help. I have a golf cart I am purchasing tomorrow I have driven it twice the cart is 48v and the batteries are giving 8.25 volts or so 20016 batteries. I have two questions

1. When I drive the cart it seems slower than all the others that my friends have actually much slower could it be a speed sensor gone bad? This is slow on flat ground the guys I we're riding around with in the neighborhood we're way in front of me ...

2. I have a clicking noise under my driver side rear seat . I think it's possibly the guide ring on morot making the sound. Any thoughts

help please would be great
Old 01-22-2019, 12:52 AM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Is it a series or regen motor? I don't know if both were offered in 97. If it is a series there is no speed magnet.

It is impossible to diagnose a clicking sound over the internet. As Nole pointed out clicking is normal for the reasons he stated. A constant clicking after the pedal is depressed and driving is not. In that case it could be anything from the motor to the rear, the axle, loose lug nuts or a rock stuck in the drum etc.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:06 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Read this http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1578714 All the Red pertains to your cart....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:01 PM   #7
Dodge1812
Gone Wild
Club Car

Ok I will look in to it so today I drove the cart for about 30 minutes and it was completely dead. I charged all batteries again and they read 8.5- 8.7 with one that is 8.4
I do not know the history of the batteries anythouthts off what Todo . I have thought about trying the Epsom salt trick. Also possibly getting as much water out I can with a turkey baster and refilling with distilled water. When I charge the cart I hear boiling water under the seat. The total pack reads 51.5 is this low or high?
Old 01-22-2019, 11:15 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Forget about doing everything in the second paragraph.

Did you charge until the charger shut off? How long after charging did you test voltage?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:52 PM   #9
Dodge1812
Gone Wild
Club Car

I let it charge for a good while this afternoon a few hours but the charger will not drop down past 5dc volts on charger display. Also I was concerned about the batteries boiling and as well me not being home while cart is charging. What should I do?
Old 01-22-2019, 11:54 PM   #10
Dodge1812
Gone Wild
Club Car

I think it's a series motor since I see no access to the speed sensor on side of motor.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car