lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
flafishergal
Not Yet Wild

Default Upgrade or Trade 2000 CC Series Cart?

I'd like to get more speed and be able to tool around my golf cart friendly town but this 2000 cart is a bit slow. I'm debating if I want to put money into this unit which is cosmetically just basic: white body, stock looking all around including tires. Right now, I may have a motor issue in that the post going into the A2 motor overheated and is unable to loosen the nut. So, I can get that fixed, maybe buy a stronger motor... I dunno. Otherwise, how much more would I need to spend to get something with more juice like a 48v system with maybe a rear seat?
flafishergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Upgrade or Trade 2000 CC Series Cart?

Talk to the folks at Plumb Quick. Site sponsor, they rebuild motors and upgrade them.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

If you get to pq before the sale ends its 200$, seat 200-300, a couple more batts or all new, run the 36v motor on 48v, go to 22" tires 300-500 or more again depending on what ya get...so a ~1200 . You can search for sale to see what you can get cheaper. Cheapest route is pq upgrade and you might be happy with that one upgrade.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
this unit which is cosmetically just basic:
I say trade. A flafishergal needs something with more class. :)

Last edited by jjance; 10-19-2014 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: wrong word
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #5
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

I'd say keep it. I loved my 99 DS series. There are a TON of upgrade options for a series CC
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:40 AM   #6
flafishergal
Not Yet Wild

Since the motor already has a broken post of sorts, I'm trying to convince my husband that now would be a good time to ramp up our golf cart life. We live in a city where carts are allowed everywhere and the downtown area about three miles away has tons of activities including a beach and marina. Now that the weather is nicer, I'd love to be able to cruise around in style.

This all started when we found a hot wire going to the A2 port on the motor. Rather than replace the whole wire, my husband cut back the slightly burned part of the wire and then recrimped it into the connection on the motor. )The nut wouldn't come off.) The wire heated up again and this time it appears that the actual nut is loose and spinning somewhat. This points toward an issue inside the motor, perhaps just a loose connection or post. So, if we're going to take the motor out anyway, why not give it a little kick with one of the pqs? We're not looking for lightning speed, but I'd be surprised if we even got to the 8mph on our flat Florida roads.

I would actually prefer to keep the cart and get it spiffy. Any suggestions would be great.
flafishergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:55 AM   #7
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

its worth keeping , I got a nice little 2000 DS series cart that can get the job done and then some ....
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hi
2000 36v CC is going to be a resistor coil cart and any upgrade in performance is going to involve conversion to modern solid state electronics.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:09 AM   #9
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Hi
2000 36v CC is going to be a resistor coil cart and any upgrade in performance is going to involve conversion to modern solid state electronics.
. . . loosely translated . . . $$$ . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:32 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Converting and upgrading performance can cost $1000 - 1500. But take a look at what is for sale out there and you soon realize that is less $ than you will spend buying a newer cart and upgrading it to 20-25mph.
Lots of people like to tinker with their carts. They enjoy upgrading and making it run 2Xs as fast as it was originally. And they like knowing that everything in the cart's drive system is new and how it works.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car