lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #1
Chuckels2
Not Yet Wild

Question 48v club car motor hard wiring?? help

I am doing a project using a 48volt club car motor out of a old golf cart. I cant find a detailed spec sheet on the motor and due to its age i doubt i will but if anyone knows how to hard wire it on (just straight on) any info would be appreciated. I'm building my own motor controll based on PWM chopper controll using hexfets so i dont need to wire it like most motor controlls. the motor is a series motor (if im not mistaken). The posts on it are F1 and F2 with A1 and A2(all the same size). i think A1 and A2 are the armatures but if someone could confirm this i would appreciate it. But what are F1 and F2? field? The motor also has a speed sensor on the end of it. Has anyone done a current measure on one of these style motors under load. thanks whoever replies
Chuckels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 48v club car motor hard wiring?? help

F1, F2 (or S1, S2) are feild coil connections
A1, A2 are armature connections

If your motor has a sensor on the end its not very old. Makes me think its a regen type motor but you say the larger terminals are all the same size. Generally on a regen type the feild connections are smaller.

I am interested in your project, I have played with a few controllers. Feel free to post about it the the Extreme DC forum.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:24 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: 48v club car motor hard wiring?? help

Welcome Chuckels2......................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48 volt, club car motor, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car