lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2020, 09:08 AM   #1
Theorangeman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Considering this Custom Build - what do you think?

I've been looking at purchasing a golf cart for months. I first started looking at new Onwards but the price just makes me a bit uncomfortable. Therefore, lately I've been looking at a custom build to save some money and to get just what I want, including a lithium battery! I'm interested in your take on this cart. Detailed below are the specs and a picture although the one I'm considering is Non-Lifted (with smaller wheels) because it's going to be used 80% of the time on the course.

- 60 A/H Lithium battery ($2,250 upgrade)
- Upgraded rear seat with ice chest under the seat and golf club attachment where the bag sits inside the cart ($600 upgrade)
- Two-tone seats
- Mirrors
- Tinted windshield
- 2 year bumper to bumper warranty from the shop

$9,200 + tax

Theorangeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2020, 09:08 AM   #2
Theorangeman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Considering this Custom Build - what do you think?

Old 06-16-2020, 10:38 AM   #3
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

What make? Club Car, EZ-GO, Yamaha?
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 11:12 AM   #4
Theorangeman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Oh yeah, sort of an important point to leave out...

It's built from a 2016 Club Car.
Old 06-16-2020, 12:33 PM   #5
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hard to say. You're looking at $6350 for the cart without your two upgrades. I'm assuming that you could buy it for $6350 without those upgrades and it would include batteries (hopefully new). Since a trade on new batteries would be around $500, this means that you are actually paying $2750 for that lithium pack. What kind of lithium pack is it?

I mean, this may be an OK deal. In my neck of the woods, I can get a 2016 Precedent with new batteries, back flip seat, windshield, alloy wheels, and front/rear lights for $5500. This seems similar to your build except for the custom body front. With the custom seats, maybe an OK deal. Just brainstorming.

I'd want to know more about that lithium pack before buying.

Sorry not too much help here. A good deal to one person is a bad deal to another.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:05 PM   #6
Theorangeman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1tm View Post
Hard to say. You're looking at $6350 for the cart without your two upgrades. I'm assuming that you could buy it for $6350 without those upgrades and it would include batteries (hopefully new). Since a trade on new batteries would be around $500, this means that you are actually paying $2750 for that lithium pack. What kind of lithium pack is it?

I mean, this may be an OK deal. In my neck of the woods, I can get a 2016 Precedent with new batteries, back flip seat, windshield, alloy wheels, and front/rear lights for $5500. This seems similar to your build except for the custom body front. With the custom seats, maybe an OK deal. Just brainstorming.

I'd want to know more about that lithium pack before buying.

Sorry not too much help here. A good deal to one person is a bad deal to another.
I appreciate your insight and I want people to poke holes at this if there are holes to be had. As for the batteries, you are correct in that if I don't go with lithium, the cart comes with brand new trojan batteries. I'm going to ask about the lithium batteries. I just know next to nothing about lithium batteries but I know many of you guys do. I should get a response from the shop either tonight or in the morning as they respond pretty quickly to questions.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:53 PM   #7
Theorangeman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just heard back from the dealer and the lithium batteries are Allied.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:18 PM   #8
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Haven't heard too much good about the Allieds. Search them here on the forums to find out what others are saying.
Old 06-17-2020, 07:52 PM   #9
Theorangeman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That's interesting to hear. The dealer/shop claimed that they're top of the line. Maybe that was sales speak?
Old 06-18-2020, 07:25 AM   #10
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theorangeman View Post
That's interesting to hear. The dealer/shop claimed that they're top of the line. Maybe that was sales speak?
The Allied batteries' specs (that the manufacturers is willing to give ) show very low continuous amp draw limits. Far lower than the amps a golf cart typically pulls, especially if equipped with an aftermarket controller or motor.

BobBoyce isn't a fan of them either and if Bob says they aren't up to snuff, that's enough for me
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car