lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2019, 08:47 AM   #11
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Charer for Allied drop ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by klubber View Post
For club car they were having problems with theirs. A poster who bought both batteries and their charger had issues and had gone back to his OEM charger. Never heard back on how he worked it out with allied.
Interesting...I missed that post. Thanks.
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2019, 09:39 AM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charger for Allied drop ins

If they tried to use the lithium charger with the OBC still in the system, it would not have worked.

The regular Powerdrive3/OBC combination runs bulk mode (full current) until around 57v.

It then starts to taper the current to allow the lead acid batteries to fully absorb the charge until the pack reaches around 60v.

When used with lithium batteries, the first phase (bulk) would work well for a 14S pack.

The OBC absorption mode would allow too much voltage so the battery internal BMS would cutoff the current once it can no longer by-pass enough current to keep the lithium battery from overcharging.

I really don't know if that allows for the allied lithium batteries to fully saturate, but I don't have any reason to doubt them either.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #13
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

I wonder if the Powerdrive3 (OEM) charger would still charge them in 2-3 hrs?
Old 12-17-2019, 04:50 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Powerdrive3 with OBC charges at about 15 AH, so You would get 45AH in 3 hours.
Old 12-17-2019, 05:27 PM   #15
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks. So if I got the 80ah (x4) then it would be roughly 6hrs to fully charge?

Or do I consider 320ah/15ah?
Old 12-17-2019, 05:40 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Only the voltage adds up when batteries are in Series, the pack total AH will be equal to the lowest AH battery in the Series.
Old 12-17-2019, 05:44 PM   #17
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thank you. Good to know. :)
Old 12-17-2019, 09:22 PM   #18
alangsam
Getting Wild

Default Re: Charer for Allied drop ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by klubber View Post
You sound like you are suspicious for the same reason. No history, and the answers to questions just don't seem logical to what we are told about other batteries. i even asked about using one 12 volt battery to run lights etc. and was told it would be no problem. No need to use a 48 12 converter. It just seems like it is not a good idea.
It’s not a problem to run without a converter. The bms in the packs will control how much charge goes in each batt. If the accessory battery is at a lower state of charge it’s going to keep getting charged while the bms cutts of the other Barra.
alangsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:58 AM   #19
mwetter2@msn.com
Not Yet Wild

I used their charger as my OEM CC charger would not work after the 1st charge. Not sure if the OBC got fried or if it was ready to go anyway. Had to delete.
mwetter2@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:47 AM   #20
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

I installed my Allied Batteries yesterday and everything is working fine (thanks to Sergio teaching me how to properly remove my OBC). However, last night I disconnected their lithium charger after the SOC meter read 100% and the charger shut off. This meant the batteries were fully charged.

This morning I checked them and it said 87% on the SOC meter. I thought these things weren't supposed to drain like that?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car