lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2018, 05:57 PM   #1
GCH
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 cc DS 36v died gradually

Facts in order of how they happened:
1. Car was running in forward/reverse but very snappy in both directions, meaning it would take off at higher speeds than usual.
2. My buddy went to put a back seat and heavy leaf springs, had to band the old rusted parts really hard, really really really hard,,
3. Went to load the car on a trailer, it drove 10 feet, got to the ramp, and starter chattering and chugging, wont go up the ramp..
4. Put in reverse, back in garage, on stands, as of that point the car would only run in reverse, no forward movement...
5. Replaced the 3 micro switches on the FNR mechanism. The car ran above ground, chattering for about half a minute, then quit, went to reverse only..
6. Sent controller to Alltrax for testing, passed all tests...
7. Put controller back in car, now no run at all, no forward or reverse, only solenoid click when the V-glide is depressed.
8. Controller throws the following codes:
a. With balck wire to controller spade connector (throttle 1), and white wire to controller spade connector (throttle 2), which is how the car was originally wired, 7 green led blinks, (indicating a 5k-0 potentiometer), according to Alltrax manual, then 3 red led blinks indicating HPD. Throttle hasn’t gone to zero during this power on cycle.
b. When moving the white wire to the 1/2 speed spade connector on the controller, it does the same initial 7 green blinks, then depending on the position of the FNR, IN FORWARD: single red blink indicating Throttle Position Sensor Over Range. Check for open wires. IN REVERSE, 7 green blinks, then solid green, which normally means controller ready to run, but car still sits dead.
NOTE: all these codes show only after the throttle is depressed and the solenoid activates supplying power to the controller,,,,,
The reverse buzzer was removed so it obviously not part of the continuity needed to trigger control or power circuits..
The inside of the V-glide looks healthy for a car of that age, shiny brass..
I hope this is enough information. I have not been able to find an exact diagram for this car, so all my research was based on approximate similar diagrams, and that is made harder by the controller conversion.
Your feedback is most appreciated.
GCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2018, 07:32 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 1992 cc DS 36v died gradually

GCH, how old are your batteries and what condition are they in?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:33 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

to BGW!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:18 PM   #4
GCH
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the welcome and reply. The batteries are less than a year old, all have correct voltage and hold steady under a 10 second load test.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:56 AM   #5
thejunkman55
Not Yet Wild

sounds to me like the throttle input is incorrect. MY 92 CC is setup for 0-5k throttle input on my alltrax.
thejunkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:39 PM   #6
GCH
Not Yet Wild

you might be right on the money. I was helped by Mr. Will Hopper from Alltrax tech assist to measure the ohms between the white and black throttle input wires, and the readings in forward are all over the place, then jump to open contact. They are more steady in reverse (which was the last to go out), but goes from zero, to over 5 k in a very short part of the v-glide travel range, which may explain the snappy response when the car ran?
Since the 3 micro switches in the FNR are new, would this be an issue of the micro switch inside the v-glide? It seems to open and close fine, or is it the more consistent with readings, that the v-glide contacts are out of adjustment?
Old 06-14-2018, 07:38 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You probably have one or more bad resistors inside the 0-5k VGlide.

Your cart adds a 5.1k resistor in parallel with the throttle when you put in reverse, that means that when the VGlide hits the first bad resistor, the resistance jumps to 5.1k or full throttle.

This is Your diagram:

Test the resistors and compare with the values below:

Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:45 AM   #8
GCH
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much for this relevant and intelligent help. Will do the measuring today and report back....
Old 06-22-2018, 05:27 PM   #9
GCH
Not Yet Wild

Found several broken resistors, explains why car was lunging in reverse when reverse was operational. Corrected the V- glide, (my friend had a spare one), so made one good out of the two. Now the reading are crisp both in forward and reverse, Controller still throws the same codes mentioned in the first post, also, installed new FNR/ micro switches.
Why would the code be 3 reds when the white wire is on throttle 2, and solid green, when the same wire is moved to half throttle? Solid green means ready to run, why is the motor not moving?
Thank you

Tags
4834p, alltrax, axe, conversion
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car