lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2017, 08:51 AM   #1
borkap
Not Yet Wild

Default EzGo TXT engine locked up looking for options/opinions

I was on my home from dinner and my 1996 + (not sure of the exact year) TXT locked up. starter was turning and motor wasn't. I grabbed the primary and tried to turn it by hand and it was in fact not going anywhere.

History:
I bought this cart in bad shape and rebuilt the top end and head, reason i did that was an exhaust leak due to a broken bolt in the head. I fixed all that new gaskets, rings and cleaned up the valves etc etc. Cart ran like a champ after that.
I changed out the lift and tires and some other stuff. (not really relevant)

That cart ran fine on our way to get dinner then on the way back I heard a chirping and the lost power. I pretty much alreay knew it was locked up then.

All this to say I need a motor or to rebuild it. To that end I am seeking guidance on what to do.

I am handy and can rebuild motors etc.
I'd like to keep it as inexpensive as possible.
I love the idea of the v-twin but they all seem so loud and they are expensive
I am leaning toward a 350 but not sure of cost or gotchas
I will probably change the clutches as well to get more bottom end.
I'd like to be able to maintain at least a 19 MPH top end with improved bottom end.

If you were in my shoes what would you do?
borkap is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO