lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
DAVID146
Not Yet Wild

Default Dcs ezgo want go

I have a ezgo dcs system that want go. The solnoid clicks but it will not go. I just put new batteries in 36v. My MOM said that she had to push it home but tought the batteries were gone because all of them were leaking. I looked up the wireing diagram to be sure that it was wired right. 36V on batteries where do i start?
DAVID146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Dcs ezgo want go

Does the solenoid click when you try to go?
I hope she didn't push it home without putting the Run/tow switch into maintenance mode. That could lunch the controller.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID146 View Post
I have a ezgo dcs system that want go. The solnoid clicks but it will not go. I just put new batteries in 36v. My MOM said that she had to push it home but tought the batteries were gone because all of them were leaking. I looked up the wireing diagram to be sure that it was wired right. 36V on batteries where do i start?
Start by charging the batteries. 36V is lower than the batteries should ever be allowed to discharge.

A fully charged 36V battery pack reads 38.20V and a fully charged 6V battery reads 6.37V.

New batteries should be fully charged prior to first use and then recharged after each time the cart is used.
For proper battery care, go to this website and read everything with the word "Battery" in the title.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter...n_Methods.html

---------------
Scottyb already asked if Run/Tow switch was put into Tow when the cart was pushed home, but along that same line, was the switch in Tow when the batteries were replaced?

Where did the batteries leaking from?

Do you have a digital Voltmeter?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
DAVID146
Not Yet Wild

No one put in in tow. right now I am charging the bat they are only showing 24 volts. The solnoide clicks my guess is if the charge does not fix it the larger control box might be bad. Are the controls that weak? Also my 10 pin conecter is not on top it comes out the front. is this still a DCS

Thanks
Old 03-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If it has a Run/Tow switch and was built before 2000, it is a DCS. If built after 2000, it is a PDS.

Enter the serial number here and it will tell you what is was when it rolled out of the factory. http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html

If there are several connectors coming out of the front of the controller, it is a PDS.

Also, be sure to put the Run/Tow switch into the Tow position before connecting/disconnecting any electrical wiring or pushing/towing cart.

-------------
Get the batteries charged up. A fully charged 36V battery pack should read 38.2V.

----------
The solenoid clicking is a good sign.
Once the batteries are charged and we figure out what type drive system it is, we can troubleshoot it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
DAVID146
Not Yet Wild

I pretty sure it is a PDS model I thinks I have two bad batteries. I hope that is what it is.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It won't even try to run with 24v
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO