lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Golf Cart Racing
Golf Cart Racing Buggies Gone Wild Racing League

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
athomas03
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO ITS throttle and racing

I'm running into a problem as my cart advances in voltage and amps with my EZGO ITS throttle. I'm currently at 72v with 925amp batteries and probably will go higher at some point, but I'm limited as to what controller I can use. Only Alltrax and Logisystems have the ITS as an option for 72v and currently logisystems seems to be not doing business. Anyway, my thoughts are should I change to a pot (PB6?)or some other type of throttle or is an ITS adapter all I need to work with other throttle inputs. I've seen some for sale that convert GE controllers to ITS and I think Logi may have had this on some of there 48v controllers to adapt to EZGO's. Just looking for any ideas. Thanks, Adam.
athomas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO ITS throttle and racing

Serious racers convert to a potentiometer system.

You can get a throttle peddle box from an ezgo txt gas cart & you can easily adapt to a cable operated PB-6 mounted anywhere high and dry in the cart
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
athomas03
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK. How about the wiring and micro switch in the pedal box now? Also, PB6 is compatible with what throttle input? The ITS adapter (584??) I thought might give me more flexibility with less work if it would convert say a 0-5k controller to ITS. Thanks for the help Scottyb.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: EZGO ITS throttle and racing

The alltrax controllers can use a pot box with a reprogram in the throttle block in the software. Not a big deal.
Micro switch in the box now would work more than likely but you would have to have it mounted on the pot box.

I talked to Richard at Alltrax yesterday and he said the ITS controller can work on a Pot Box with no problem.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:59 PM   #5
athomas03
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, Andy. I would only switch to the pot to move to higher amp controllers that I can't use now with ITS. I'm using the Alltrax 72v now, but only 450 amps....other than using a bypass I'm slow out of the hole with my setup. So, I'm more or less boxed in unless logisystems comes back alive or I switch to pot so I can use a kelly or something else.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by athomas03 View Post
Thanks, Andy. I would only switch to the pot to move to higher amp controllers that I can't use now with ITS. I'm using the Alltrax 72v now, but only 450 amps....other than using a bypass I'm slow out of the hole with my setup. So, I'm more or less boxed in unless logisystems comes back alive or I switch to pot so I can use a kelly or something else.
You are 100% correct.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #7
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

rumor has it that Alltrax is coming out with a 900 amp controller capable of 96 volts, it also has an internal fan for cooling.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
athomas03
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
rumor has it that Alltrax is coming out with a 900 amp controller capable of 96 volts, it also has an internal fan for cooling.
They have great controllers, hope they do move that direction. Did you here any time frame???
Old 06-14-2011, 10:49 PM   #9
athomas03
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG View Post
You are 100% correct.
Mo money, mo money, mo money! Thanks, T-Dawg. Least I have correctly identified the situation.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #10
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

soon, I think they are in testing, maybe by summers end. Start saving your pennies though. And after thinking about it, I think its for 72-120v.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Golf Cart Racing