lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2018, 09:43 PM   #1
Salty821
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Top speed and acceleration drops dramatically after few miles

Hello BGW!

I just bought a 2014 EZGO TXT48. The previous owner had upgraded the tires to 23" and lifted it. I think everything else is stock (controller/motor). On fresh charge top speed is about 18mph. It quickly goes down to about 12-13mph after about 1 mile. After about 3 miles it goes under 10mph. Acceleration drops dramatically and becomes almost unusable.

The batteries are 6/8v Trojans. I don't think they previous owner used it much as the tires were brand new (still had the vent spews on them).

After fresh charge, voltage is 51v. Under load, at top speed it drops to 42.7v. After a few miles, I tested again, and stopped was around 50.5v and under load it was at 42.5v.

Any ideas what it could be? I plan to upgrade the controller/solenoid/wires and possibly the motor, but want to make sure the batteries are ok first. I checked all the batteries with a load tester and they all are ok.

Any help would be appreciated! thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcart.jpg (95.4 KB, 0 views)
Salty821 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO