lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
deerhunter88
Getting Wild

Default Ezgo Off Road Cart. Rough Ride. Rattle

Just curious to what some of you have done to make your cart ride comfortably off road and stop some of the squeeks and rattles.
I lined the back folding seat with a cheap yoga mat from walmart and also lined the metal rails it sits on to keep it from rattling, and it also keeps items from sliding on it. I also swapped out the leaf springs with some heavy duty leaf springs but that could have made the ride worse.
The windshield makes a lot of the noise but the noise mostly stays in the cab.. Cant really hear that as im driving to you.
Cart has a 6" spindle lift with 8" rims and 22" tires. I have another set of rims, I think they are 12" with 23" tires. Would the bigger rims and tires make the ride better? What else can be done? Does new shocks help much?
deerhunter88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo Off Road Cart. Rough Ride. Rattle

There is no silver bullet for squeaks and rattles. Letting some air out of the tires may soften some of the bumps but each source of noise must be addressed with rubber grommets, 2 sided tape, garden hose, rubber matting, or whatever to tighten things up. There are self sticking rubber bumpers available for kitchen cabinet doors that work well for the windshield. Place the bumpers between the windscreen and the frame.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It look like you have done the right things so far. The only other thing that I did was replace all metal washers with nylon. Only on the roof supports, cargo boxes etc. Don't use them on any suspension parts they will not last long.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I can only speak to the easier stuff.
I finally took off my rear view mirror and that got rid of a ton of noise. I also used some big office binder clips to hold my windshield tight to the roof supports. Those work really well. (I'm into practicality and not aesthetics).
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
deerhunter88
Getting Wild

Its definitly a work in progress. Im going to knock out the roof with those long rubber strips used to seal door jams. May even look to see if that will work on the windshield.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
deerhunter88
Getting Wild

would 25x10x12 be too big for this cart. It has a 6" spindle lift. 48v 500amp alltrax controller. 10.5hp motor.

If not to big would it be better to run 25x8x12 on front and 25x10x12 on back?
Old 10-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine is no where near stock. But the things I've done to get rid of some noise include:
-replacing all the plastic fasteners in the fender flares & dash with SS machine screws & nylock nuts.
- go thru the cart & tighten screws & nuts down.
- pull up the diamond plate floor & install a thin rubber mat between the diamond plate & the steel subfloor.
- run low tire pressure.... as I recall it's 6 psi in front & 8 psi in the rear.
- welded up the roll cage (aka; upper brush guard). It was a 5 pc unit all bolted together. Now it's 1 pc & solid.

Hard to hear much over the Honda & the ATV tires but it definitely made a difference, especially off road.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO