lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
92timbrandenburg
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 Series ITS cart won't move without jumper to solenoid

Well, I bought a cart that didn't work as a project for my kids and I and I need some help. It's a 36 volt cart with ITS and it has new batteries. It wouldn't move in forward or reverse (no beep or anything) so I went through the troubleshooting guide on here but I got confused because when I put a jumper from the battery + to the red wires on the solenoid the cart works perfectly in forward and reverse. Can I run the cart with that jumper or will that damage stuff? Probably a bad time to say it but I'm not very good with electrical diagnosis on things. Any help would be appreciated. ...I need to get it running before I can make it faster!

I guess I should admit that I ran it with the jumper for about a mile and it ran great at about 15mph but I noticed when I got home that the solenoid was very warm. I won't run it again until I get some advice from the experts.
92timbrandenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 Series ITS cart won't move without jumper to solenoid

When you connected the 36v+ jumper did the solenoid click? If so you may just need to fix the activation circuit. Which is what you bypassed with the jumper.

See diagram below for series cart solenoid activation. Start at the charge receptacle or at the Battery main + if the receptacle connection has been bypassed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Series solenoid activation diagram.jpg (107.9 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

As scotty says if you hear the click when you apply power Its in the act circuit...the first place I would start based on your saying it no longer has back-up buzzer or beeps is to put a jumper from the microswitch on the FnR closest to the batteries to your main battery positive....The wire you will remove from microswitch will be red...it is for the reed switch and if this test works simply make a wire from that micro to battery positive and leave like that...only drawback is cart will move with charger plugged in so be careful...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
92timbrandenburg
Not Yet Wild

I do hear a click when I apply the jumper wire. Thanks for the diagnosis. I will check the activation wires and report back.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #5
92timbrandenburg
Not Yet Wild

BINGO!!! I jumped the red wire to the Batt+ and it works perfectly. Thanks for all the help! Now I need to read up on how to make it faster. I hope the stock controller and motor will be worth something so I can offset the cost of upgrading. Thanks again.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Glad to hear your cruising again, stock controllers usually sell for between 100-150 bux and the same goes for the motor, at least at my shop anyway...enjoy your cart and keep us posted on your venture while upgrading!
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO