lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
Billyzack
Not Yet Wild

Default 04 Club Car aftermarket brake light kit

I bought a brake light kit from Buggies Unlimited that says it "turns my lights into brake lights" Question: I installed the 2 switches, one underneath and one under the parking brake and am ready to wire it up except I'm wondering if this turns my lights into brake lights, how do I get brake lights when the lights are on? The last step says to hook the last wire to my brake lights but I have no brake lights, I have lights. Am I missing something? I need lights and I need brake lights so am I confused about how can I have running lights and brake lights, if I have the lights on and hit the brakes, does the brake light come on? Help!
Billyzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Default Re: 04 Club Car aftermarket brake light kit

your rear lights should have 2 bulb filaments in it. Take the 2 screws in the black trim of the rear lights and pull the lights out. You should have 3 wires at the light...1 is a ground...1 is for the dimmer driving lights ...1 for the brighter brake lighhts. The hard part for you will be determining which wire is for dim/ which for bright part of bulb. So the dim comes on with the headlamp switch, the brights get powered with the bfrake light wiring. Good luck.
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
Billyzack
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, that makes more sense but I don't recall having a high beam switch but I will have to investigate Thanks. Billyzack
Billyzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

I never said anything about a highbeam switch...dont look..you wont find one. When I said dimmer, I meant one wire on the rear lights will give the bulbs 1/2 brightness to say, the other wire at that same rear light is for a filament that is twice as bright...this is for the brake lights. Its simple...dont overcomplicate this system. Theres three wires at each rear light...1-ground wire 2-lights on with headlight switch on(dim) 3-brake light part of rear lamp(bright)
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car