lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #1
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default High speed vibration

My 1976 HD cart was junk when I got it and had to be rebuilt. The engine was rebuilt and most other worn parts were rebuilt, repaired, or replaced. It worked great. No governor and it is fast enough for me. However, there was a vibration at top speed I thought it was exceeding the design RPM of the engine.
The secondary clutch was touching the starter pulley at top speed and there was edge wear on one side of the drive belt so it was assumed the secondary hub was a later and thicker style and needed the thinner older version. I pulled the clutch, disassembled it, and found the hub was worn and the sliding flange bushing was worn. The flanges are worn but they were not replaced for economic reasons. Making a longer story shorter, a new thinner hub and bronze bushing was installed, clutch reinstalled, and checked on the road. I don't think the drive belt clutches are perfectly aligned but when I replace the drive belt next year I will adjust. Even with the worn flanges the new clutch works smoothly and there is no high speed vibration. The steel floating flange bushing had to be turned out on a lathe before it could be replaced. I hope the bronze oil light bushing works better. Seems logical But who knows there may have been a reason it was steel?
I put this on a thread thinking the info would be useful to others with similar problems. Does anyone have solutions to other clutch problems or trouble explanations?
Tony

Last edited by tew45; 10-03-2007 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: Left out question
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
purpleman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: High speed vibration

I have a bent shaft.Where can I get used ez go parts
purpleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts