lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2023, 03:57 PM   #1
punz
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo txt pds moves slow then quits

Hello all, my 2009 electric ezgo txt pds will only move about 5 or 6 feet in reverse then simply stops. If I switch to forward and wait a few minutes it will go a couple feet and stop. I put all new batteries in and it worked great for about 200 yards. I had to stop and when I went to go again, same result as before the new batteries, it went a few feet and died. So, I replaced the solonoid as I did not here any click, same result. I replaced the key switch, same result. Then I replaced the F/R switch, same result. I put a new controller in and it didn't even move at all. I put the old controller back in and replaced the speed sensor. Same result, moves a few feet and dies. I put the cart up on stands, wheels moved and seemed to run fine, until I 'nail' it, then it cuts out. I never hear any solonoid click, even after putting the new one in. I am so beyond frustrated and at a total loss. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
punz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2023, 06:53 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo txt pds moves slow then quits

It seems you replaced everything except the motor.
Weird you are not hearing a solenoid click. Maybe its just too quiet?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 10:33 AM   #3
punz
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for responding......I meant to also add that I replaced the inductive throttle sensor in the floor as well......nothing seems to work. I do hear a click from the micro switch connected to the ITS. I agree with you, it may be the motor.....when I saw the cost I was hoping there might be a way to 'conclusively' tell if it is before spending the money. I will try listening more carefully to the solonoid this weekend to see if there is a faint click......I have been toying with buying another solonoid as I did hear it click after putting in the new batteries, but as I mentioned earlier, once I stopped and tried to go again......nothing.
Old 08-08-2023, 10:57 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by punz View Post
Thank you for responding......I meant to also add that I replaced the inductive throttle sensor in the floor as well......nothing seems to work. I do hear a click from the micro switch connected to the ITS. I agree with you, it may be the motor.....when I saw the cost I was hoping there might be a way to 'conclusively' tell if it is before spending the money. I will try listening more carefully to the solonoid this weekend to see if there is a faint click......I have been toying with buying another solonoid as I did hear it click after putting in the new batteries, but as I mentioned earlier, once I stopped and tried to go again......nothing.
You should be able to hear the PDS solenoid click when you turn the key on assuming the cart has sat for awhile. Then it will click off if the cart is not moved for a minute and after that it will click each time the pedal is depressed or released.
If the solenoid is welded shut it cannot click and the controller will sense the failure and go into limp mode...
Old 08-08-2023, 02:54 PM   #5
punz
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for sticking with me scottyb.......I'm headin up this weekend to where the cart is and will recheck that solonoid. After i put the new batteries in i definately heard it and was able to go a couple hundred yards. Once I stopped and tried to go again I did not hear it......and haven't since then. Maybe the new solonoid was short lived! I will follow on this post after I recheck. Tx!
Old 08-09-2023, 09:08 AM   #6
coosa
Gone Wild

Scotty sells a 36/48 volt HD solenoid, and I put one on both of my carts years ago. That was the end of solenoid issues. I know that you have already spent a lot of money, but that solenoid is worth the money. Sure hope you can figure it out soon!
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 09:22 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosa View Post
Scotty sells a 36/48 volt HD solenoid, and I put one on both of my carts years ago. That was the end of solenoid issues. I know that you have already spent a lot of money, but that solenoid is worth the money. Sure hope you can figure it out soon!
Thank you for the recommendation coosa Our SW series contactors have been the most trouble free and reliable product we sell.
Old 09-09-2023, 11:00 AM   #8
punz
Not Yet Wild

ei yi yi! I put another new solonoid and resistor in, and got the same result.......no solonoid click, cart moves about 4 feet, motor does a little 'chugga lug' and cart stops. So, now I have replaced: key switch, F/R switch, ITS unit, Speed sensor, first new controller (sent back) and second new controller (also sent back)......nothing seems to make a difference. I am down to 'the motor'.....but before I push ahead does anyone know: will a bad motor cause that solonoid to 'not' click? If that is the case then I'll push ahead and replace the motor (which does look pretty darn groddy, but I did clean up all the terminal connections earlier). It just seems to me that even with a bad motor the solonoid would still click.......but, I truly do not know! Thank you for any thoughts as I am totally frustrated at this point having worked all summer to try and get it going. Bill
Old 09-09-2023, 11:33 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What about the batteries? What is the pack voltage at rest and again when the cart is trying to go but cannot.
The second is a live measurement. with cart moving just before it dies... I hope that makes sense.
Old 09-09-2023, 11:41 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

This sounds like the is getting the signal to go but the solenoid isn’t closing. It will burn off what charge the capacitors have and die. With the cart in run, key on you should have pack positive on the small yellow wire on the solenoid to pack negative. When the pedal is pushed the blue wire should go to ground. If the buzzer is connected you can put it in diagnostic mode and listen for codes.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO