lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2019, 03:49 PM   #11
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1989 3pg air inlet hose - can't find one

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYOZ View Post
it would be close, but the motor is turned on a 3pg vs a 2 pg so I'm not sure i have the room where the carb is. if i could find a 90 degree mount it might work if i made a bracket to support the filter.... at this point i woudl think some kind of hose would be easiest but i just havent found anything yet
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2019, 06:59 AM   #12
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
I would appreciate it, thanks
Someone beat me to it. It is no longer there. Sorry. Tom.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:46 AM   #13
Olddog72
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
it would be close, but the motor is turned on a 3pg vs a 2 pg so I'm not sure i have the room where the carb is. if i could find a 90 degree mount it might work if i made a bracket to support the filter.... at this point i woudl think some kind of hose would be easiest but i just havent found anything yet
Try a trailer waste pipe ,I think they are 3" I.D I think they are 10ft long ?
Olddog72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:02 PM   #14
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

So here is what I ended up doing:
I got a 2.5" shop vac hose kit at lowes (it was around $22)
We figured out by playing with the assorted pieces that come with the kit, that one of the hose ends will slide right over the air box. That piece is pictured and needed to be trimmed as shown in the pictures so that the hose wasn't right next to the motor.

On the carb end, we used one of the other included pieces that is the same size as the carb. The reason being that I didn't want to pull the carb just to make it easier to see where to bend the hose to, so I just heated the hose end with a torch and stretched it with gloves on until it fit. Once it cooled I checked fitment.

I was able to use the factory hose clamps on each end of the new hose, and I used electrical tape to wrap the end with the shop vac fitting. to make sure it keeps a seal, stays in the shop vac fitting, and theres a small hole to cover on the plastic fitting itself.

I only rode it for about twenty minutes in the snow (Less than impressed with how it did, I realize its not a sxs but didn't seem to have any balls when in a couple inches of snow compared to my 295 4 stroke) So hopefully it runs fine without the snow!

I have attached pictures in case anybody wants to see how it looked or how to do it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg step1.jpg (83.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg step2.jpg (72.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg step3.jpg (77.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg step4.jpg (81.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg step5.jpg (112.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-14-2019, 02:59 PM   #15
MICKEYMOTORMOUNT
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Nice job. I'm sure your idea will help others out with the same dilemma.
MICKEYMOTORMOUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:42 PM   #16
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEYMOTORMOUNT View Post
Nice job. I'm sure your idea will help others out with the same dilemma.
I hope through google others can find this if they are in need of making one!

its the top result if you search "1989 marathon 3pg air inlet hose forum" but i understand thats pretty specific.

I definitely wanted to show others how to do it and make it simple for them at least. I was struggling for a week trying to figure out what kind of tube to use to make one, when finally a friend suggested shop vac hose - and also didn't realize the kit would have parts in it that made the installation way easier

EDITafter reading my post i just realized the title says 3pg and the post says 2pg. I MADE THIS FOR A 3PG (clutch on drivers side of cart) MOTOR sorry for confusion
Old 11-10-2019, 04:37 PM   #17
Sleezygo
Not Yet Wild

I am in the process of figuring out what I am going to do with mine. The 90 degree transition is the most complicated obstacle because there isn’t any room. I still have the stock intake hose but the end that connects to the carb is gone. I have broken or ripped about 6inches more off of the stock hose. Look at the pics and you can see what I have to work with. I found that a modified 2 x 1.5 fernco and a 1.25x1.25 cpvc elbow work great. I am not finished yet but it works great. You will have to cut some off of the 2” side of the fernco. Leave just enough to cover the mouth of the carb. See pics. 1 shows how much I cut off the fernco. The only thing left is to slide the remaining stock hose over the fitting and clamp it.

Please note that I have no oil pump I use mixed gas. If you have pump still, the connector that drives the oil pump located on the throttle lever will interfere with the fernco lip. You might have to mod a little more.
Sleezygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 04:22 PM   #18
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleezygo View Post
I am in the process of figuring out what I am going to do with mine. The 90 degree transition is the most complicated obstacle because there isn’t any room. I still have the stock intake hose but the end that connects to the carb is gone. I have broken or ripped about 6inches more off of the stock hose. Look at the pics and you can see what I have to work with. I found that a modified 2 x 1.5 fernco and a 1.25x1.25 cpvc elbow work great. I am not finished yet but it works great. You will have to cut some off of the 2” side of the fernco. Leave just enough to cover the mouth of the carb. See pics. 1 shows how much I cut off the fernco. The only thing left is to slide the remaining stock hose over the fitting and clamp it.

Please note that I have no oil pump I use mixed gas. If you have pump still, the connector that drives the oil pump located on the throttle lever will interfere with the fernco lip. You might have to mod a little more.
I made one out of a shop vac hose, i have it laying around in a box in my shop if you're interested. it worked fine, just ended up finding a used facotry one

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...take-plug.html

heres a link to my thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO