lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2017, 05:35 PM   #1
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Speed Code 4 Not Working

Hey again. I just had my 2003 Club Car DS programmed from speed code 3 to speed code 4 at an authorized Club Car dealer. When tested at home it continues to run at speed code 3 (14mph). The dealer provided me with visual "evidence" on the programming tool that it was set to speed code 4. I was also given the paperwork with the programming codes. While the dealer is thinking the problem over, has anyone had any experience with what would cause the speed code to not work? I have no other issues with the cart. New Curtis controller, new batteries, new solenoid, 2014 motor, solid tires, no issues. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2017, 02:38 PM   #2
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Re: Speed Code 4 Not Working

I've heard of this with frankenstiened controllers.... Since the unlock codes are calculated based on the SN of the vehicle and controller and a hidden SN in the controller firmware; sometimes controls that have replacement EEPROMs or Micros result in a code "working" but not actually allowing the increased speed.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:48 PM   #3
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the reply. I have another thread that I have proposed this question to as well. I went today and they found only 77-81% throttle that Club Car states accounts for not speed increase. The accelerator had some play in it which lead to a problem with the throttle rod (this may not be the right part description). The accelerator has play in it. I will drop it off this weekend and get it back early next week. I am interested in what you stated though. I don't like when things appear to work but do not.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:47 AM   #4
mjroman20
Gone Wild

At least it's an easy fix. Clubcar has that SN stuff locked down tight.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:18 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Even the stock replacement Alltrax XCT300 controller will give 23 mph to this cart on stock motor, wiring, solenoid, & tires
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:46 AM   #6
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Alltrax XCT300 may happen down the road perhaps. At this point I am trying to get this cart 100% functioning and then decide what I want to do next. This has been a great cart to learn from.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:18 PM   #7
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-does-not.html

Check out this thread if this one did not help.

Tags
club car ds, speed code 4, troubleshooting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts