lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
dilliodc
Not Yet Wild

Default kubota diesel/tranny rear end

ok so we are making plans to put a kubota diesel 21 hp engine in to a buggy any transmission and rear end ideas i cant find anything i think modle number is d205... 2wd is all i need!! any suggestions greatly apreciated !

i dont really want a hydrostaic drive i dont think it will be fast enough im goin to school to be a golf course tech and im doin a internship at toro this summer u think a workman 3spd tranny and rear would work they have little diesels in sum of them... i dont kno where i could find an old cushman truckster i kno where an old gas job one is but i kno the bell houseings arnt the same grrrr i want this to work! haha thanx for all the post so far guys!
dilliodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Default Re: kubota diesel/tranny rear end

They run hydrostatic rears.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
Bulky
Gone Wild

Club Car

Kubota diesels came in a bunch of Golf course equipment so you should be able to find one that has a hydraulic drive. I have an old Jacobsen (see pics below). This summer I have plans on taking the motor, hydraulic pump and wheel drives and graft them into a golf cart...just too many projects right now. It should have enough speed, the Jacobsen cruises around 25 or 30. And it should have tons of climbing power.

Only other option i can think of would be a Cushman Truckster. They came with Kubota engines, standard shift transmsissions and heavy duty rears.

Hope it helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0709071823.jpg (95.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 0709071823a.jpg (92.1 KB, 20 views)
Bulky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:27 PM   #4
DK G-9
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

have u looked into the old custman carts i know that ran a trans and live rear diff ,the custmans ran omc engine ,so i believe that u could adapt the kubota to bell housing of the custman trans,
DK G-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
Madman415
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

put a shaft on the diesel for a golf cart clutch and it will fit sideways to line up the belt to the original rear. Put the radiator somewhere else besides in front of the engine. I'm working on putting a D722E in mine, 20hp @3600 from a Greens King IV. I may also have another diesel available (For Sale) in the near future from a Turfcat out-front mower.
Madman415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:45 PM   #6
Rodger's Rides
Totally Bonkers!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilliodc View Post
ok so we are making plans to put a kubota diesel 21 hp engine in to a buggy any transmission and rear end ideas i cant find anything i think modle number is d205... 2wd is all i need!! any suggestions greatly apreciated !

i dont really want a hydrostaic drive i dont think it will be fast enough im goin to school to be a golf course tech and im doin a internship at toro this summer u think a workman 3spd tranny and rear would work they have little diesels in sum of them... i dont kno where i could find an old cushman truckster i kno where an old gas job one is but i kno the bell houseings arnt the same grrrr i want this to work! haha thanx for all the post so far guys!
I have a suggestion for you on this build. Yep Cushman is the right direction.
PM me later and we can discuss it.
Rodger's Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:25 AM   #7
subaru_crazy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

i know this is a old thread but i had cushman turf truckster it came with a 3cyl kubota diesel 3spd manual tranny and a 2 spd rearend but it was very slow topped out at 17 mph
subaru_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 02:12 PM   #8
dieselkarts87
Not Yet Wild

dose anyone happen to know what year range the cushman turf trucksters came with kubota diesel motors? trading some electrical work for a 4 wheel turf truckster with a kubota diesel motor. I have 2 pictures and I hope one of you pros can give me a guess as to the year. I would like to get the service manual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4143.jpg (214.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4226.jpg (215.4 KB, 0 views)
dieselkarts87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center