lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2022, 11:35 PM   #1
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Wandering cart

I have a 2003 CC DS cart. Ive owned it 10 + years. It has a 6 " lift and 23" tires. It was a golf course cart but since my purchase its been a trail and off road warrier. Used for hunting, scouting, firewoid hauling, etc. The front end is about shot. Have to turn the steering wheel a half way around to begin a turn. Will replacing the frontend sleeves and bushings repair this problem or is this a steering box problem?
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2022, 06:23 AM   #2
Cavediver86
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Wandering cart

Could be the king pin or ujoint knuckles. Could be loose fittings. Have you had someone turn the wheel and you look to see where the slop is at? One full half a turn is a lot
Cavediver86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 11:15 AM   #3
SEHunter
Gone Wild

Ditto, you should have someone turn the wheel in that no steering zone while you’re looking at the steering components under the cart to see where the movement stops.
SEHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 10:32 PM   #4
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Thanks for suggestions. Hope to get down to deer camp in a couple of weeks to take a look from under the cart.
Old 01-15-2022, 10:40 PM   #5
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had really bad play in the steering on a DS years ago. I had someone turn the wheel while I looked underneath and the problem was just the tie rod ends. All three of them were shot, but fixing them and greasing everything up tightened it fine.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 09:58 PM   #6
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

time for a bushing kit, check /replace tie rods, probably ready for rear leaf spring bushings also/ may just be the passenger side tie rod loose so have someone move steering wheel back and forth while you look for the loose/sloppy part/parts
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 08:38 PM   #7
BballBeast
Not Yet Wild

Also try checking the intermediate shaft u joint at the top of the steering. It's hard to see cause it's way up top. I had the same issue were I had to turn the steering wheel a little more than a quarter turn before it would move the wheels. This happened after I curbed the crap out of the cart one night at 4am. God bless Apple pie moonshine 😄. Anyway I had my buddy turn the steering wheel while I was under the cart and saw the loose u joint. I believe it's a 13mm nut that is hard to get to cause it's way up at the top of the steering shaft. I used a ratcheting wrench since it's near impossible to get to without removing front body. Once I tightened it the steering wheel turned perfect. Have to have someone hold the steering wheel while u tighten that nut otherwise the wheel will move when u try to get torqued down. If that's not it then definitely bad tie rods.
BballBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 10:46 PM   #8
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Our land was cut last year and Im sure running over stumps has worn out some front end parts. I'll check the all front end parts when I get to cart. I need to get down there to remove my deer blinds.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:36 PM   #9
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

I was able to look at cart last weekend. The bushings on the front end are completely gone. Could not even see the sleeves at some connections. So I will replace those and see if that leads to extra tire rod end movement. Thanks for suggestions.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car