lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2021, 10:39 AM   #1
atcspaul
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default golf cart range

What is the best electric to get some range with, I had a club car lithium ion and the range was only about 25 to 30 miles and after walking home a few times ands stressing about running out of battery I went to gas. I live in the villages florida and we have over 100 miles of cart paths so i put a lot of miles on it
atcspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2022, 11:14 PM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: golf cart range

You’ll get a lot of different answers on that one. The cart with the least weight, least rolling resistance and highest amp hours battery pack will win. And you just have to make sure you do your job of recharging each night and keeping the tires properly inflated and the bearings greased.

Aluminum chassis will be lightest. Stay away from all the extra electronic bells and whistles that drain power. Larger tires draw more current to get moving off the stop. If not going with the lighter weight lithium pack go with eight 6 volt fla batteries to get more combined amp hours and lead plate coverage.

And don’t believe the 80 mile story from Parcar from years ago, that car was setup special and not run like a normal person would use it. 30-40 a charge is about the limit out there regardless of what you have.

But dont forget about opportunity charging….if it isn’t moving plug it in.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts