lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2021, 09:10 AM   #1
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Predator 22

I am having some issues lately with my clutches not running in "sync". I think that's the best way to describe it.

Under a "heavy" takeoff my clutch just chatters bad, I don't think its my belt slipping or I'd smell it? the belt is brand new.

What is the distance from center to center on your clutches if your running my same set up?

2001 Ezgo ST Sport with 22 HF engine .

I guess the proper question is how much slack or how tight should your belt be? I dont want it to tight, I think the VC manual says roughly 12 1/2" center to center
kellett5261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2021, 08:21 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Predator 22

Center to center distance doesn't really matter, but I get what you're looking for , something to compare to. With the Vtwins you want an HD belt that is made for high torque engines and then set the belt up to have about 2" of deflection.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 08:07 AM   #3
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Center to center distance doesn't really matter, but I get what you're looking for , something to compare to. With the Vtwins you want an HD belt that is made for high torque engines and then set the belt up to have about 2" of deflection.
I am currently running a Vegas Carts belt, I always have since i went to the Big block. before I installed the speed gears I used to be able to smash the gas and pull the tires off the ground with no clutch chatter.

This chatter just started, I think part of the problem is my POS CvTech clutch. they wouldn't even take it back to look at it under warranty but VC was great and offered me something else. I went a different route, I guess I'll hook up the 780 style and get it put back in and see if my "chatter" goes away.

it only does it under a mild/heavy take off and sometimes randomly while just cruising around 15-20 mph.
kellett5261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 09:53 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Yeah maybe something internal in the clutch then? You'll find out when you slap the 780 on there. How many hours do you have on that belt? Have you measured it's cross section width to see if it's worn down? One of the things I've seen with standard duty belts is the nylon cords inside will actually tear and make the belt stretch in places, that can cause them to act funky during acceleration/shifting. Kevlar belts usually don't break/stretch that way. Most high end ATV, UTV and snowmobile belts use similar technology to kevlar, can't remember the material but there are several different types now.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!