lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2021, 08:20 PM   #1
joshwarden
Not Yet Wild

Default I40L Ecoxgear Speaker Bar

Hi! New member plus new golf cart owner here. We recently purchased a 2021 I40L cart. I have also purchased an Ecoxgear sound bar to mount inside the cart. My question is, does anyone have a set up they used when installing? Where did you mount it? Where did you run the wires? Where did you get your power from? Did you use the factory converter or did you buy a new one? Did you include toggle (on/off) switches? Really I am looking for someone to help me with install instructions and hopefully a picture of the finished result? I thought I better get some advice on here before I just started drilling holes and splicing wires...lol. Any and all help is very much appreciated!! Thanks!
joshwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2021, 09:57 AM   #2
carguy1985
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: I40L Ecoxgear Speaker Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwarden View Post
Hi! New member plus new golf cart owner here. We recently purchased a 2021 I40L cart. I have also purchased an Ecoxgear sound bar to mount inside the cart. My question is, does anyone have a set up they used when installing? Where did you mount it? Where did you run the wires? Where did you get your power from? Did you use the factory converter or did you buy a new one? Did you include toggle (on/off) switches? Really I am looking for someone to help me with install instructions and hopefully a picture of the finished result? I thought I better get some advice on here before I just started drilling holes and splicing wires...lol. Any and all help is very much appreciated!! Thanks!
We got the ecoxgear 18, we put it in-between the upright bars using the worm clamps so we didn't have to drill. I check them often and they are still tight as the day we added them. I plan on doing a little more cable management once the holidays are over and I take my Christmas lights off. I cant clean it up because I put temporary cable ties. I might drill down the post to feed it inside but I also have split loom wrap I can just cable tie down the post if I decide to be lazy lol.
Good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5665.jpg (158.4 KB, 0 views)
carguy1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:43 AM   #3
robertmII
Not Yet Wild

Search ecoxgear in this section of the forum. There are several posts detailing what people have done.
robertmII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 11:24 AM   #4
joshwarden
Not Yet Wild

Yes I've read through some of the posts, but I can't seem to find anything on exactly HOW they wired it in. I'd like to just splice in on the bottom of the voltage reducer, but I am hesitant to just start cutting wires. Does anyone have any finished pictures or diagrams on how they wired it up?
Old 12-22-2021, 11:28 AM   #5
joshwarden
Not Yet Wild

We bought the ECOXGEAR SoundExtreme SE26. It states it has 500 watts of peak power. I don't want to start blowing fuses. Is this too much to wire with the factory voltage reducer?
Old 12-22-2021, 03:30 PM   #6
carguy1985
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwarden View Post
Yes I've read through some of the posts, but I can't seem to find anything on exactly HOW they wired it in. I'd like to just splice in on the bottom of the voltage reducer, but I am hesitant to just start cutting wires. Does anyone have any finished pictures or diagrams on how they wired it up?
So I added a secondary reducer to the cart. This would be a different setup. But, yes you would need to tap the red and black on the output of the factory reducer. You might want to do it on the reducer side of the connector. You could use something like this to tap and run your own pos and negative to the EcoXgear which should have its own inline fuse.

Nilight - 50004R 120 Pcs/60 Pairs... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CP987BN...p_mob_ap_share

Honestly I’d go second reducer so you don’t have to mess up the factory reducer and harness. It’s easy to connect.

Yellow to main positive of all batteries.
Black main negative of all batteries.
Red goes to your accessory or fuse block
Blue gets crimped off unless you have a car radio
Green I ran a wire to front of cart and added a spade connector to one of the 48v key power under dash which is for wiper I think.

That way you can have room to grow and or just attach your sound bar directly to it.
carguy1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 04:47 PM   #7
joshwarden
Not Yet Wild

I agree on the second reducer. I think I'd be drawing too many amps if I wired it to the factory one. Just ordered parts from Amazon. Supposedly they will be here before Christmas but we will see! Lol
Old 12-22-2021, 05:55 PM   #8
ATrain
Gone Wild

You do not need a second reducer.

The onboard reducer outputs 300w at 12v (see ICON video for details), which is ~25 amps. The factory onboard accessories draw ~5 amps. That leaves 15-25amps available. ICON recommends leaving 5amps buffer, so you have 15 amps to safely work with on the factory reducer.

The Ecoxgear soundbars (18" & 26") take 12v @ 10 amps, which falls under the recommended 15 amps and well under the 20 amps.

I also have been running an Ecoxgear soundbar on my own cart for months on the factory reducer with no issues as a real world example.

This post does not consider if you have other non-factory 12v accessories as you will need to add those amps up, but most likely the sound bar is the highest drawing.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 01:34 PM   #9
GatorOK
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
You do not need a second reducer.

The onboard reducer outputs 300w at 12v (see ICON video for details), which is ~25 amps. The factory onboard accessories draw ~5 amps. That leaves 15-25amps available. ICON recommends leaving 5amps buffer, so you have 15 amps to safely work with on the factory reducer.

The Ecoxgear soundbars (18" & 26") take 12v @ 10 amps, which falls under the recommended 15 amps and well under the 20 amps.

I also have been running an Ecoxgear soundbar on my own cart for months on the factory reducer with no issues as a real world example.

This post does not consider if you have other non-factory 12v accessories as you will need to add those amps up, but most likely the sound bar is the highest drawing.
Can you post pics of how you ran the wires?
Thanks
GatorOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 01:44 AM   #10
joshwarden
Not Yet Wild

I finally had free time today to wire mine up. I went ahead and bought a second voltage reducer as well as another fuse block. I'm pretty sure I bought the same voltage reducer that is pictured in the post above. The wiring for the voltage reducer is relatively easy. The only curveball they give is you have to run the green wire to a switched 36 or 48 volt source so the reducer will turn on and off with the key. If you take the cup holder panel off (it just clips in) you will find 3 wires (2 red and 1 brown) that are not being used and I'm assuming are just there for additional accessories. I spliced into one of those red wires. I was reading 36 volts off of it. Worked like a charm! My soundbar had in inline 15 Amp fuse that I had to cut off to feed my wires where I wanted them. Like I say I bought an additional fuse block so this wasn't a big deal. I do feel better having the second reducer. At some point we will probably add some ground lighting and possibly another speaker. I will definitely have plenty of amps to work with bow and won't have to rewire anything, just add to it. I can send pics of you want. Just let me know!

Tags
bar, ecoxgear, soundbar, speaker, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon