lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2021, 10:02 AM   #1
Mactez
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Question 1973 Harley Davidson Front Drive Transmission

Hi, my 73 HD wouldn't start and I noticed the pulley on the Starter/Generator was freely spinning. I figured it was the keyway. I ordered a service manual and a parts manual and proceeded to remove the front drive transmission. Sure enough it was the keyway which also damaged the pulley. I purchased all of the parts that I need. There are a few springs. spacers and other parts that also go on it. It came apart a lot easier than it is going to go back together which leads me to my question: Since the shaft that the drive and miscellaneous parts go on is at a downward angle is it easiest to pull the motor and put it back together? Does anyone out there have experience with this? I might be able to get the rear end up and maybe that would help but i am just not sure. Thanks for any assistance provided.
Mactez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2021, 11:08 AM   #2
73eldo
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: 1973 Harley Davidson Front Drive Transmission

I would just pull the motor. Its kinda a pain even when you have it on a bench so doing it at a funny angle just makes it that much more difficult. You can unbolt the starter and leave it wired to the rest of the cart. Saves a little time marking wires and such.
73eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson