lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2021, 06:52 PM   #21
Theorangeman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Battery Conversion

I'm curious as it relates to how long I can drive on a single charge. What matters most, the amount of miles or time spent driving the cart? For example, I typically play 18 holes by myself in about 2 1/2 hours or so. When I play in a foursome, we're talking about 4 hours if not a big longer. I assume that I'll eat more battery with the foursome even though mileage is the same, right?
Theorangeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2021, 07:58 PM   #22
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theorangeman View Post
I'm curious as it relates to how long I can drive on a single charge. What matters most, the amount of miles or time spent driving the cart? For example, I typically play 18 holes by myself in about 2 1/2 hours or so. When I play in a foursome, we're talking about 4 hours if not a big longer. I assume that I'll eat more battery with the foursome even though mileage is the same, right?
I don't golf, but I read somewhere that an average 18 hole course requires about 5 miles walking. I would think the cart would run less than 5 miles since you still need to walk quite a bit also. Maybe some golfers can shed some more light on the Ah usage on a relatively flat course.

I honestly feel the 72 Ah would suffice to cover 18 holes with 4 riders. Might even get 2 rounds in especially if you can plug it in for an hour between rounds.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:58 PM   #23
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Nope. A round is a round unless you do more driving. Think about it. When you play a slow round, you spend the time not moving. I have an odometer and my courses are both about 6 miles of driving per round.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:39 AM   #24
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I doubt that 4 players vs 2 players is going to make a significant difference in "run time" of the lithium batteries.

The course milage is the same, just adding weight of a second golfer and another set of clubs.

Unless the course you're playing is exceptionally hilly....or your golfing buddy is known as "Shank-a-pottumus" and you're crossing the fairway 10 times on each hole

If you're getting two rounds, or 12 miles on one charge now, I'd have to believe you would get the same with two guys on the cart. The time playing is more the "wait" than run time....unless you have a voltage reducer that keeps your "course beverages" cold....longer wait times won't use more juice!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:42 AM   #25
Theorangeman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So what I'm hearing is that what impacts the run time of the battery is all about mileage and not much else. I do have running lights (Club Car Onward) and have Bluetooth Speakers hooked up. I wonder what kind of impact this has.
Theorangeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 08:31 AM   #26
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Lights and audio use very little power compared to driving the cart. They won't affect range a significant amount. Speed of driving does affect range. Full speed driving will give you less range than typical golf course driving.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:13 AM   #27
LouBinWNC
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theorangeman View Post
Are these two 48V 50mAh?
Relion are 30ah each
LouBinWNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:18 AM   #28
LouBinWNC
Not Yet Wild

But you must consider wiring of your accessories as the batteries are 48v and accessories are 12v so you need a voltage reducer.

Again a small drain… any of the LiON solutions will get you a few rounds per charge. I live in WNC and we are on the backside of the “mountain” from our course and I eat about 10ah to go that 2.5mi and then I drive the course and back and have plenty left in the tank.
LouBinWNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 03:50 PM   #29
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Nope. A round is a round unless you do more driving. Think about it. When you play a slow round, you spend the time not moving. I have an odometer and my courses are both about 6 miles of driving per round.
The article was in some health magazine I normally don't waste my time reading and was referring to the distance you would travel if you just walk the course on an average course. It may well be 6 or more miles on longer courses. This is walking measurements with a pedometer for people who choose to use golf to exercise.

I only stated if you drive a golf cart, you still need to walk some distance per hole but the mileage driven on the cart will still be near 5 miles per round, in your case 6 miles. But you still need to get off once in a while and get some exercise!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 04:09 PM   #30
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I walk the course when the temps are below 95 degrees. From now until late spring I drive the cart to the course, walk 18 holes with a push cart, drive home. Driving distance round trip is 1.2 miles. When I ride the cart on either course, I put about 7.5 miles on the cart including to and from the course.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car