lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2021, 11:31 AM   #1
kdwalter
Not Yet Wild

Default Shared List of Accessories

Hi all,

I hope this is helpful, but I have been trying to keep a running list of accessories as I am building out my Icon I40L. I have been hunting in this forum, Facebook groups, etc. Lots of great information all over the place.

There are obviously infinite amounts of accessories that will work but I wanted to share what I have found so far. I set it up as open to see if this could work as a collaborative effort.

I would hope people find this useful so they don't have to hunt as much in the future:

Link to Shared Accessories List
kdwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2021, 12:03 PM   #2
dap247
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Shared List of Accessories

This is great. I've thought about pulling this together but never got around to it. Appreciate you putting it together and can imagine it'll be a helpful resource to others. I'll go through my stuff and see if I have anything to add.
dap247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 08:32 PM   #3
kdwalter
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! Was just hoping to put my notes out there for future ICON folks to save some time. Would love some help with the TBD sections. Those might be my future upgrades :)

kw
Old 10-12-2021, 07:39 AM   #4
zmoore
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for putting this together! I will update accordingly as I just got the i40L as well. Also, not sure the color code for Champagne is correct.
zmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:57 AM   #5
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

For spacers, I dont think there's a preferred brand and you can just search amazon. they all appear to be aluminum. I can say using the lug nuts that came with the spacers ended up with a clicking noise at slow speeds in one of the tires. Removing, cleaning the spacer and wheel hub, trying to go as tight as possible didnt seem to make a difference for me. Luckily I was switching out wheels and used the stock lug nuts, no noise since.

For watering system, I went a bit expensive, it's only been a year and havent had a problem with it yet. There are people who are vehemently against them and because one seemed to explode or catch on fire that means they're all bad (which would be the same as stay away from Tesla because one was on fire on the side of the road). Mine was around $199 and the pump was $25. The brand is "battery watering systems" but they dont sell direct so you can get here, https://watermybattery.com/collectio...arts/make-icon . You can save a lot of money and build one yourself, the same store sells the valves, hose, everything you need, on amazon for around $110 but you have to do the cutting and stuff yourself. I just went the lazy route.
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 01:49 PM   #6
kdwalter
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the input so far! Some great new ideas for me.

On the Champagne color, I definitely could be wrong as I have not validate that yet, but it was from a post I found with all of the factory color codes. If someone has a known correct code, please feel free to update.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:03 PM   #7
robertmII
Not Yet Wild

This is fantastic! You cost my builder a lot of money and saved me a bunch! I’ve been struggling to figure out what I could buy myself. This is a huge help.

Thank you!!!!!
robertmII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:00 AM   #8
AdamP
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdwalter View Post
Hi all,

I hope this is helpful, but I have been trying to keep a running list of accessories as I am building out my Icon I40L. I have been hunting in this forum, Facebook groups, etc. Lots of great information all over the place.

There are obviously infinite amounts of accessories that will work but I wanted to share what I have found so far. I set it up as open to see if this could work as a collaborative effort.

I would hope people find this useful so they don't have to hunt as much in the future:

Please check the link for the carbon fiber dash when I tried it the wood one came up.
Also if you want side steps for I40Fl and I 60FL contact Jon Brewer on Face Book he makes them 76DA6207-040C-4F22-A5AB-82CD5AA3296A.jpg
AdamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:09 AM   #9
dap247
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamP View Post
Please check the link for the carbon fiber dash when I tried it the wood one came up.
Also if you want side steps for I40Fl and I 60FL contact Jon Brewer on Face Book he makes them Attachment 224771
The wood dash appears in the link but you would select "carbon fiber" from the dropdown on that website. It currently shows as out of stock though. That should give you the info to find it at another retailer though.
dap247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 10:18 PM   #10
HDaugus
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdwalter View Post
Hi all,

Great list! One note about the windshield wiper. I think the one you have on there has a short handle. I have a windshield wiper like that on my ICON and I cannot reach it even if I sit on the edge of the seat. The windshield is FAR from the drivers seat so I'm looking for a handle that sticks out quite a bit further (maybe one of those with the red ball on it).
HDaugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon