lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2022, 10:08 PM   #1
a65l
Not Yet Wild

Default Not this again....

99 Carryall II, 48v. It will only go in reverse.

Here's what I've got: Cart will only go in reverse. By switching the wires from the f/r switch at the motor, the motor will run in forward. But putting the f/r switch in forward gets me nothing. I get a solenoid click, and nothing else. By swapping the wires from the f/r switch at the motor, I can get the cart to run forward.

I've removed the f/r switch from the cart and verified continuity in all positions. I've checked the contacts on the switch to ensure there isn't any corrosion/wear/tarnish/etc etc. In fact, the gentleman I got the cart from stated that the switch was new, and it looks new. I've verified the limit switches on the F/R switch have continuity. I've verified that I see battery voltage at the red terminal of the ESC (spade connector) with the f/r switch in either forward or reverse positions.

Short of replacing the f/r switch again, although I don't see any issues with it, is there anything really exotic that would cause this? The only thing I can see is some sort of failure in the controller, but the only difference in power between forward and reverse is the green wire gets voltage, and as I understand it that's a speed limit imput for reverse.

If there's anything I've overlooked, or it seems like I'm cutting corners, please say so, but this isn't exactly a complicated system.

Thanks in advance for the inputs...
a65l is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2022, 10:29 PM   #2
a65l
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Not this again....

Well, taking the simple route, ordered new f/r switch will be here tomorrow. Still don't see what's wrong with the old one, but what the hell..
Old 01-13-2022, 09:13 PM   #3
a65l
Not Yet Wild

Not that it's any surprise, but the new switch cured it.
Old 01-13-2022, 10:15 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm sorry for the lack of response here. It looks like you got it on your own.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 10:39 AM   #5
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
I'm sorry for the lack of response here. It looks like you got it on your own.
Probably because it was posted in the lithium section (fewer eyes got to see it).

Note to OP: watch where you post for best results; glad you got it fixed
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 11:32 AM   #6
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car