lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2021, 10:57 AM   #21
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: How to wire ECOXGEAR soundbar to batteries?

@Plee83 - Ah so you actually drilled through the roof for a mount? I was too nervous to do that. I got the smaller version of the sound bar (it's great) and it fits perfectly between the two rear supports.

My issue is similar to you...every time I turn the cart on, I have to push the power button on the sound bar...and the party lights don't stay where I put them previously so that's kind of annoying to reset every time at night. And hit "play" on my phone if I don't have Spotify already running.

The bluetooth will autopair if you just leave bluetooth on on your iPhone.

I didn't need a noise filter either with it.

Personally, I'd get a different soundbar if I had to do it again. The sound and stuff is fantastic with this one, just those minor annoyances with turning it on...

I was going to investigate the remote it came with and see if I could make a little arduino or RaspberryPi thing that would automatically send the IR signals when the Pi received power (turned on). The only issue is the boot time of a Pi...so might need to do Arduino and learn that. Ton of work just to save a couple button presses each time lol.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2021, 11:55 AM   #22
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

stay away from the bazooka partybar as it's basically the same. my prior cart had marine audio unit and speakers. The unit had an always on wire that drew enough current to keep the settings and everything turned on and auto connected with the stations memorized, etc.

With the partybar you have to manually turn on with the remote, wait for pairing (it's slow), change the lights to how they were last.
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 06:39 PM   #23
PLee83
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
@Plee83 - Ah so you actually drilled through the roof for a mount? I was too nervous to do that. I got the smaller version of the sound bar (it's great) and it fits perfectly between the two rear supports.

My issue is similar to you...every time I turn the cart on, I have to push the power button on the sound bar...and the party lights don't stay where I put them previously so that's kind of annoying to reset every time at night. And hit "play" on my phone if I don't have Spotify already running.

The bluetooth will autopair if you just leave bluetooth on on your iPhone.

I didn't need a noise filter either with it.

Personally, I'd get a different soundbar if I had to do it again. The sound and stuff is fantastic with this one, just those minor annoyances with turning it on...

I was going to investigate the remote it came with and see if I could make a little arduino or RaspberryPi thing that would automatically send the IR signals when the Pi received power (turned on). The only issue is the boot time of a Pi...so might need to do Arduino and learn that. Ton of work just to save a couple button presses each time lol.
Your perseverance is undeniable. Raspi to make a new soundbar work like it should. Hahaha. Love it. I bet they come out with a rev2 in the next 12 months that has what we want.

Drilling through the roof didn’t seem like a big deal bc the cart already had 15 or so drill holes to attach it to the frame. What’s 2 more. Lol.
PLee83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 01:04 PM   #24
cookie917
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalst View Post
I finally finished the soundbar project yesterday. Big thanks to #snowwjob1. I did everything he said and all worked out great. I did wired it to the wire harness that goes to the accessories upfront which comes off the 12 volt converter box. I felt I wanted it connected to the key so I don't drain the batteries. I might regret this later but for now it works fine. It is very tough to work on these wires since they are not easy to get to and very short wiring. I tired many different types connectors to split it 3 ways but finally did it with a circle long crimper type. I know its not permanent but once I have a ramp to drive up on so I can redo it from under the cart it works for now. Bar sound great even coming from behind you which I was concerned about. The light in the back in really nice with Red option and a bright white one which is good for backing up at night.

All and all its took me most of the day yesterday to do it which took a good 90 minutes to fish up the Ecoxgear power cord up the pole. Then a good 2:30 to wire it since most of the Lowes connector ideas wouldn't work. Either way I am glad I finally finished the project but expect a good 3-6 hours of work if you don't have the right tools like me. I fishing wire woudl have made a huge difference and also a way to get the cart up to work on it. Lifted ones are probably a lot easier than my regular I40 version.
Can you explain how you wired it? I have the same cart and soundbar, I see the converter box you reference but am still questioning how you tied in as it is very tight quarters. Thanks in advance if you can assist.
cookie917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 01:34 PM   #25
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie917 View Post
Can you explain how you wired it? I have the same cart and soundbar, I see the converter box you reference but am still questioning how you tied in as it is very tight quarters. Thanks in advance if you can assist.
Super easy and here's how I did it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3z4gRcQuXZmFtynV9
Old 01-05-2022, 03:42 PM   #26
cookie917
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Super easy and here's how I did it.
Awesome man appreciate it. I was planning on using the same blue tap splices straight into the wires coming off the box but the explanation above made it seem a lot more intricate.
cookie917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 05:19 PM   #27
nate_texas
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
I have one and you just tap into the reducer and I doubt you'll be able to mount it above the windshield...just not enough space.

Did you get the bigger or smaller soundbar? The smaller one fits perfectly between the two rear uprights, but you'll have to use the mounting straps as it's a tight fit.

I will say I'm not in love with the bar only because I have to turn it on every time I turn the cart on, I have to press the play button each time, AND it doesn't remember my LED choices. Minor annoyances but since I'm constantly turning the cart on/off...it adds up.

Other than that everything else is fantastic.

I went the lazyman route and just mounted it behind the driver's seat between the two bars, ran the power wire down the vertical post in the small channel and zip-tied, then I just ran it under the seat and let it fold down right on top of the wire and you can tap into the reducer right there.
How do you tap into the reducer?
nate_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 12:01 AM   #28
Conner_poe
Not Yet Wild

Can you tell me how you connected the speaker to the key? I want it to get power and turn on when I turn the key to on. Right now I have to manually turn on the speaker. I have the wires running to a fuse box. The fuse box is connected to the reducer. Thanks
!
Conner_poe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 12:29 PM   #29
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner_poe View Post
Can you tell me how you connected the speaker to the key? I want it to get power and turn on when I turn the key to on. Right now I have to manually turn on the speaker. I have the wires running to a fuse box. The fuse box is connected to the reducer. Thanks
!
There's no way without modifying the ECOXGEAR.

When you turn on the key, the reducer is powered, and the ECOXGEAR is powered too, but it doesn't remember its previous powered position.

I contacted ECOXGEAR's support if I recall because I too, was annoyed pushing the button every time. Mounting it over the driver's seat has been good though because I just turn it on as I get in the cart, plus the rear-facing red light is nice at night and the front-facing lights give good cart ambiance. I can reach it from the seat without needing to stand up or anything.

If you were to take it apart, you'd just connect a "pulse relay" to the power switch contacts. Something like this - https://www.amazon.com/12V-24V-Signa.../dp/B07NZP9M8Z

You fork the 12v from the DC/DC that is already going to the ECOXGEAR to the "DC+/DC-" on the pulse relay, then the "+/-" load is what you connect to the "on/off" switch.

You may/may not need to connect that same 12v on the DC+/DC- circuit to the "trigger" circuit. Basically when the key turns on, the DC+/- powers the device, the same DC happens to trigger it, and then the load does an impulse.

You would need to read the instructions on the device to see how to modify the "load" voltage though because I doubt you want to send 12v to the on/off switch. I'd guess you just dial it down to 5v. You can measure that though when you push the actual button and see the voltage.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon