lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2021, 06:10 AM   #11
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How to wire ECOXGEAR soundbar to batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwjob1 View Post
I used a 1/4 inch piece of aluminum and mounted it to the middle bar. I used the 1/4 x 20 holes at the top of the sound bar to mount to the bracket. i then ran the wire down the inside of the upright. I did this by discounting the roof and drilled a hole in the bracket. I did need to cut the fuse off the end of the positive lead but i crimped and heat shrank the connection. I did not put on a noise filter and have had zero issues with feed back.

I use the light bar in the red setting at night so people will see it.

You can see in this post how i did it

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=177331

Great thanks for the help. Could you send more pics of the bracket connected to the soundbar and golf carts so I get this done right? How long was the piece of aluminum and where do I get something like that since Home Depot probably doesn't see that.
capitalst is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2021, 06:21 AM   #12
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I used a 1/4 inch piece of aluminum and mounted it to the middle bar. I used the 1/4 x 20 holes at the top of the sound bar to mount to the bracket. i then ran the wire down the inside of the upright. I did this by discounting the roof and drilled a hole in the bracket. I did need to cut the fuse off the end of the positive lead but i crimped and heat shrank the connection. I did not put on a noise filter and have had zero issues with feed back.

I use the light bar in the red setting at night so people will see it.

You can see in this post how i did it

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=177331

Also, what kind and size drill bit did you use to drill the bolt holes? I meant also ask I assume the aluminum piece is sticking out a good few inches forward and the speaker is mounted to that piece hanging forward? Its hard to tell exactly what it is doing in the picture. Either way I want to get everything I need today so when it comes I can knock this out right away.
Old 07-13-2021, 09:40 PM   #13
snowwjob1
Not Yet Wild

The plate is 15 x 5 1/2 inches. I disconnected the roof mount and trimmed the rubber cone 1/4 inch to accommodate the plate. i added 2 more 5/16th x 1 3/4 inch stainless bolts with nylock nuts. I did add small nylon washers in-between the sound bar and aluminum.

I picked the plate out of the scrap bin at my local metal supply house.

For the mount to the roof rale I used a 5/16th inch bit. For the 1/4 x 20 bolts I used a 1/4 inch drill bit. I attached the sound bar with 5 bolts so you must be very accurate when drilling. I suggest a ruler instead of a tape measure and make sure to center punch prior to drilling so the drill bit doesn't walk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WIN_20210713_19_24_33_Pro.jpg (178.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg WIN_20210713_19_25_21_Pro.jpg (172.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg WIN_20210713_19_24_45_Pro.jpg (176.3 KB, 0 views)
snowwjob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 10:04 AM   #14
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

Wink Re: How to wire ECOXGEAR soundbar to batteries?

Quote:
The plate is 15 x 5 1/2 inches. I disconnected the roof mount and trimmed the rubber cone 1/4 inch to accommodate the plate. i added 2 more 5/16th x 1 3/4 inch stainless bolts with nylock nuts. I did add small nylon washers in-between the sound bar and aluminum.

For the mount to the roof rale I used a 5/16th inch bit. For the 1/4 x 20 bolts I used a 1/4 inch drill bit. I attached the sound bar with 5 bolts so you must be very accurate when drilling. I suggest a ruler instead of a tape measure and make sure to center punch prior to drilling so the drill bit doesn't walk.

Thanks for all the good info. I will get working on the plate and parts. Bar comes next week so hopefully I will finish the project next week without a hitch.
Old 07-25-2021, 06:46 PM   #15
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

I am almost done with the project. Where did you wire the red and black too?
Old 07-25-2021, 07:04 PM   #16
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

What are these open wire harnesses under the front? Also what are these two wires taped under the dash?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DD85F264-5DBC-4FF3-BC2F-362827BF8696.jpg (148.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg FC0DE702-EA68-4E00-AB9E-B738E49AA665.jpg (139.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-25-2021, 09:06 PM   #17
snowwjob1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalst View Post
I am almost done with the project. Where did you wire the red and black too?
I wired to the 12volt out put of the voltage reduce as it is leaving. You can access the fuse from the seat
snowwjob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:44 PM   #18
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I wired to the 12volt out put of the voltage reduce as it is leaving. You can access the fuse from the seat
Did you just tape the red and black wire back there that goes to the front?
Old 07-27-2021, 09:45 AM   #19
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

I finally finished the soundbar project yesterday. Big thanks to #snowwjob1. I did everything he said and all worked out great. I did wired it to the wire harness that goes to the accessories upfront which comes off the 12 volt converter box. I felt I wanted it connected to the key so I don't drain the batteries. I might regret this later but for now it works fine. It is very tough to work on these wires since they are not easy to get to and very short wiring. I tired many different types connectors to split it 3 ways but finally did it with a circle long crimper type. I know its not permanent but once I have a ramp to drive up on so I can redo it from under the cart it works for now. Bar sound great even coming from behind you which I was concerned about. The light in the back in really nice with Red option and a bright white one which is good for backing up at night.

All and all its took me most of the day yesterday to do it which took a good 90 minutes to fish up the Ecoxgear power cord up the pole. Then a good 2:30 to wire it since most of the Lowes connector ideas wouldn't work. Either way I am glad I finally finished the project but expect a good 3-6 hours of work if you don't have the right tools like me. I fishing wire woudl have made a huge difference and also a way to get the cart up to work on it. Lifted ones are probably a lot easier than my regular I40 version.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:30 AM   #20
PLee83
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalst View Post
I finally finished the soundbar project yesterday. Big thanks to #snowwjob1. I did everything he said and all worked out great. I did wired it to the wire harness that goes to the accessories upfront which comes off the 12 volt converter box. I felt I wanted it connected to the key so I don't drain the batteries. I might regret this later but for now it works fine. It is very tough to work on these wires since they are not easy to get to and very short wiring. I tired many different types connectors to split it 3 ways but finally did it with a circle long crimper type. I know its not permanent but once I have a ramp to drive up on so I can redo it from under the cart it works for now. Bar sound great even coming from behind you which I was concerned about. The light in the back in really nice with Red option and a bright white one which is good for backing up at night.

All and all its took me most of the day yesterday to do it which took a good 90 minutes to fish up the Ecoxgear power cord up the pole. Then a good 2:30 to wire it since most of the Lowes connector ideas wouldn't work. Either way I am glad I finally finished the project but expect a good 3-6 hours of work if you don't have the right tools like me. I fishing wire woudl have made a huge difference and also a way to get the cart up to work on it. Lifted ones are probably a lot easier than my regular I40 version.
My experience was the same. I’m sure I could do it in less than a couple hours on round 2 but had to run to the hardware store for shrink tubing and what not so it took most the day. Head scratching factor added a bit of time. Like snowjob1 after more head scratching I removed the roof as well and drilled holes in the upper arm to feed the connections through. I did not put a noise filter on. I didn’t need any special brackets or anything and it didn’t mess with the front glass operation. See attached for the spacing I came up with.

The sound is good, but I feel like you need an equalizer on some songs (Apple EQ on Apple music seems to do the trick). Overall without airplay I think this isn’t the best soundbar. I’m a snob I know. I just don’t like having to go into settings on my phone every time the cart starts to connect Bluetooth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9828.jpg (148.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9827.jpg (122.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9824.jpg (146.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9823.jpg (120.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9821.jpg (140.0 KB, 0 views)
PLee83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon