lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2021, 09:05 AM   #1
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

Default How to wire ECOXGEAR soundbar to batteries?

I just ordered the Ecoxgear soundbar for my I40. I bought the reducer but not exactly sure how I should wire it to the batteries. Do one the same connection as the control is connected to it positive on one side of the carts battery and negative to the other side of the carts battery? Let me know how I should do and any advice outside of that.
capitalst is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2021, 10:34 AM   #2
Stano7
Getting Wild

Default Re: How to wire ECOXGEAR soundbar to batteries?

You probably shouldn't wire it directly to the battery. The cart has a reducer built in, tap into that. Where are you mounting the sound bar?
Stano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:39 AM   #3
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

Now reading more on here I see we do have a reducer. What filter should I get to insure now noise comes through. Also, I am mounting it above the windshield. I get it on Thursday so I will post pics when its all done.
Old 07-12-2021, 11:24 AM   #4
ATrain
Gone Wild

I have one and you just tap into the reducer and I doubt you'll be able to mount it above the windshield...just not enough space.

Did you get the bigger or smaller soundbar? The smaller one fits perfectly between the two rear uprights, but you'll have to use the mounting straps as it's a tight fit.

I will say I'm not in love with the bar only because I have to turn it on every time I turn the cart on, I have to press the play button each time, AND it doesn't remember my LED choices. Minor annoyances but since I'm constantly turning the cart on/off...it adds up.

Other than that everything else is fantastic.

I went the lazyman route and just mounted it behind the driver's seat between the two bars, ran the power wire down the vertical post in the small channel and zip-tied, then I just ran it under the seat and let it fold down right on top of the wire and you can tap into the reducer right there.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:51 AM   #5
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

I did go with the bigger one. Your right it wont fit behind the seat but I'm hoping I can figure out some bracket to put so I can put it in the front by the windshield. Otherwise there is the last bar in the back that it should fit on from what I can see. The goal would be in front but we will see once I get it and come up with an idea. My buddy has the big one and it sounds amazing for a sound bar. Fingers crossed once I get it.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:05 PM   #6
ATrain
Gone Wild

The only way it'll fit up front (on my cart anyway) without disrupting your ability to open/close the window is if you realllllly tuck it up there sideways almost, and then you won't be able to really reach the buttons.

If it's not too late, I'd still recommend the smaller one. Sounds fantastic and fits perfectly between the bars.

If you do put it in the very back, you'll have to turn it on via the remote control unless you want to turn the cart on, get out of the cart and push the button, then back into the cart. So you should think about how you want to "secure" your controller.

I've been wondering if I could figure out a way to automatically turn it on when I turn the cart on...if the remote is IR, I could get some sort of arduino/R.Pi and IR module...that's a lot of work though.
Old 07-12-2021, 01:07 PM   #7
Stano7
Getting Wild

How do these sound bars affect battery life? I assume every accessory you tie in to cart power depletes more and more?
Stano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 01:12 PM   #8
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

Your probably right to downsize but if I can figure out a way to mount it with a custom bracket somehow I will. Plus I really want it facing from the front for better sound. Let me know if you come up with that power solution. I would hate to have to leave the key on to play music. Doesn't work well if the cart is in my buddies backyard playing while draining the battery in the on position.
Old 07-12-2021, 03:39 PM   #9
ATrain
Gone Wild

You can do the math to determine drain, but I don't think it's that much. It depends on how long/loud of course.

You can always wire up a second reducer with some sort of toggle switch, but you run the risk of leaving it on.

Leaving the key on for the cart though just means you're also using a little power for the LED lights, the display, and a little power for the controller. You might be able to use less if you flip the run/tow switch which I think would disconnect the controller?...but might also disconnect everything else.
Old 07-12-2021, 04:37 PM   #10
snowwjob1
Not Yet Wild

I used a 1/4 inch piece of aluminum and mounted it to the middle bar. I used the 1/4 x 20 holes at the top of the sound bar to mount to the bracket. i then ran the wire down the inside of the upright. I did this by discounting the roof and drilled a hole in the bracket. I did need to cut the fuse off the end of the positive lead but i crimped and heat shrank the connection. I did not put on a noise filter and have had zero issues with feed back.

I use the light bar in the red setting at night so people will see it.

You can see in this post how i did it

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=177331
snowwjob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon