lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2021, 01:17 PM   #201
Ezgomaui
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Roypow Lithium Review

I was told by jeff per bob that this S51105ah would work if my controller was programmed by bob, but forgot to mention that i live on a mountain. 🤦🏾🤦🏾🤦🏾
Ezgomaui is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2021, 12:16 PM   #202
poolpilot44
Not Yet Wild

Im running a roypow S51105P in a stock new 2021 Star Ev Sirius (350a controller) and it runs uphill like a beast. We have an incredibly steep hill here and it holds 18-19 mph all the way up. Im running with the factory lift and large knobby tires with some air let out and it hauls ***. Im seeing a few mph extra on top speed and more low end torque. FWIW im also using the factory supplied on board summit II charger set to profile 22226 for LiFePO4. I noticed the battery pack powering down when sitting for long periods (overnight) and I was worried something was wrong. Yesterday a Roypow sales rep told me they are programmed to shut down after 8hrs of inactivity. Ill report back with range data once I get a few charge cycles through it. When you initially install the pack the supplied state of charge meter might indicate a full charge when the pack might really be closer to 40%. Give it a full charge and it should "calibrate" itself and all will be good.
poolpilot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 12:54 PM   #203
monstercojones
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixbros View Post
This has been a long awaited thread.... I recently purchased a Roypow Lithium 51V56AH battery pack. I spent $1411 total to have it shipped to my door (2 day shipping too!). That included the battery and mounting brackets (which haven't arrived yet, but I made a temporary install mount).

Here is the short story of this thread: If you are not desirous of doing a leaf kit build, this kit is ABSOLUTELY WORTH THE MONEY. However, I am a man of science and I am going to give specifics on why, including graphs and real data collected from my cart. These will be included in a google drive link, as I cant figure out how to add word or excel files on here.

To start off, I'll say the buying/shipping was a breeze. If you're on the east coast, call Mike at Lanier Carts and Outdoors in Oakwood, Georgia (470-252-5622), and tell him the Kentucky guy sent you. Packaging was strong and sturdy but easy to open.

The only downside thus far was the install. I have 1999 EZGO TXT series. The battery tray for this has two tabs designed to hold the battery hold downs. This made it impossible to lower the Roypow in. So I cut them off. I guess if I ever sell this thing and put in FLA batteries, I'll re-weld them on. However, thats a MINOR inconvenience for what I got out of this pack.

After hooking everything up and securing it to the cart, I began my testing (I did my FLA tests prior to this, obviously). My first impression was "WOW THIS THING IS TORQUEY". In fact, it was so torquey that it caused my cart to do a 1-2 inch wheelie. Which is even more impressive when you consider my cart has a chopper stance to it (pics will show that soon).

It pretty much performs exactly as I imagine a leaf kit would. My only concern (at first) with this pack was the amperage it could put out before the BMS shuts it down. From what I can tell, that limit it pretty high, as I put this cart through HELL. The graphs I attach will explain further. I have a REALLY steep hill (its gotta be close to a 45 degree incline) near me that I used to draw as much amps as possible. It climbed it with ease and only slowed down to like 2/3 top speed. It was amazing. Top speed also went up 3-4 mph. Im gonna credit that to the weight difference.

While I could type forever about the goodness of this pack, Im gonna just leave some graphs and tables attached, and let you guys ask some questions! Information on cart is provided on the table attached. Thanks so much!

*Also, for the file names, "FG" means "FLAT GROUND" and "CH" means "CEMETERY HILL"*

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QK...CQinduapNSjvqF
Where did you find the RoyPow with Free 2 Day shipping??!
monstercojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 07:38 AM   #204
Ottawaphil
Not Yet Wild

I am considering this 56ah 51v roypow pack for my 95 lub car ds 48v.
still no problems with over current? my cart is stock but the current limits on the 56ah seem low? i dont need range 20 miles is fine.
who has best price on roypow these days? feel free to pm if neccesary. thanks
Ottawaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 08:37 AM   #205
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawaphil View Post
I am considering this 56ah 51v roypow pack for my 95 lub car ds 48v.
still no problems with over current? my cart is stock but the current limits on the 56ah seem low? i dont need range 20 miles is fine.
who has best price on roypow these days? feel free to pm if neccesary. thanks
Don't confuse AH (Amp Hours) with Voltage or Current draw.

Look at AH as the "amount of gas in your tank". A 56AH is like....10 gallons of gas and a 110AH is like 19 gallons of gas. (Not a real example but it get's my point across)

Current...or amp draw is the amount of AMPS the battery can deliver IF the motor is demanding that much amperage.

As a real time example, my motor will demand 395amps when I go up the steepest hill. However, I set my controller to only "allow" a maximum amp draw to 300amps. I still get up the hill just fine, but I don't use as much energy, thus "saving" energy for a longer run time.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 09:21 AM   #206
Ottawaphil
Not Yet Wild

i am not confusing them, like i said no issue with range, just wondering if the 56ah pack has enough max current delivery for small hills in a stock 95 ds 48v. the stock ds does not have any way to "allow" limits...
Old 01-18-2022, 01:03 PM   #207
Ottawaphil
Not Yet Wild

One other question about roypo lithium. My dealer is saying that it does not come with a charger and that I can use the charger that came with my 95 club car DS 48 Volt that was used to charge the lead acid batteries. that true? any issues with that? thanks
Old 01-18-2022, 02:04 PM   #208
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

No you can't use a Lead Acid charger on Lithium. My buddy bought Roy Pow and it came with a charger.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 03:55 PM   #209
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Same here, came with charger and digital voltmeter for dash.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 04:29 PM   #210
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

The 56Ah Roy Pow can supply 50A continuous or 200A for 10 seconds maximum. Those values are borderline for any cart.

As others have said, no you cannot use your existing charger and expect to get the service life advertised. Lithium needs its own dedicated charger.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, lithium, roypow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium