lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2018, 06:04 PM   #1
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Dpi charger setting

O K, I will be replacing my T875's in a few months, they will not make it much more than 18 holes of golf lately. I could nurse them for maybe another 6 months but I use my cart on a very hilly course not much on cart paths. I have had them 3 years and kelp them serviced every month. Never had a plate exposed when checking water. Always clean and dry. It is what it is. BTW I play 250 plus rounds of golf per year.

I am planning on going with Ranger 160's. My local says he can get them for 170-180 each. Seems reasonable to me.

Now my question, what code should my dpi be set to.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2018, 06:46 AM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Dpi charger setting

Bump
Old 12-21-2018, 07:30 AM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I guess I just keep it on mode 2.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:31 AM   #4
1sharphook

The Trojan data sheets call for the T-875 and T-190 to use the same charging voltages.

https://www.trojanbattery.com/pdf/da...ata_Sheets.pdf

https://www.trojanbattery.com/pdf/da...ata_Sheets.pdf

Based on this information, if you are using a DPI Gen III charger, you might consider using the DPI Mode #2 as indicated on paper page 5 in this manual:

http://www.dpipower.com/store/MNUL/General_Chargers.pdf
Old 12-21-2018, 08:20 AM   #5
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

You might want to check with DPI. I think I remember a similar thread a while back and the poster reported the DPI told him to use the mode for AGM batteries on his Rangers....but I've been wrong before
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:23 AM   #6
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I'll check with dpi then. The battery dealer didn't even know what I was talking about when I told him I wanted ranger 160 batteries, he thought I was talking about a battery for a boat ranger 160.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:57 PM   #7
1sharphook

mrgolf,

For a Gen III model, DPI recommends Mode 2 for both T-875 and Ranger 160 batteries.

NCPW,

I was unable to find any posts on this site which indicated DPI recommended an AGM mode for a Ranger 160 battery. Is this site the source of your information provided?
Old 12-21-2018, 02:21 PM   #8
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

I got this from DPI when asking about my Gen IV Accusense settings for my new T875 batteries...They first gave me mode 12 for AGM but when I specified flooded they said:

"Ah, We didn’t have documentation for a flooded version of T875, my apologies. For the flooded version, I’d suggest Mode 6 (switches 3 and 5 to the right). And this should bear for the T-890 as well, as that seems to be the standard setting for Flooded Trojan batteries. We do have an extensive list under the technical section on our website, should you wish to find settings for other makes."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, Warranty Department Clerk
DIVERSIFIED POWER INTERNATIONAL, LLC
414 Century Court
Piney Flats, TN 37686
423-538-9002
FAX: 423-538-9202
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #9
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
mrgolf,

For a Gen III model, DPI recommends Mode 2 for both T-875 and Ranger 160 batteries.

NCPW,

I was unable to find any posts on this site which indicated DPI recommended an AGM mode for a Ranger 160 battery. Is this site the source of your information provided?
Thanks guys, I've been searching this site as well as Internet search.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:18 PM   #10
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
NCPW,

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
You might want to check with DPI. I think I remember a similar thread a while back and the poster reported the DPI told him to use the mode for AGM batteries on his Rangers....but I've been wrong before

The few threads I searched stated mode 2 for Trojans, regardless if they are T-105s, T-875s or Rangers. I would still contact DPI and/or Trojan just to be safe with that expensive investment.

See bolded info in my quote for more clarification
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car